Are simple wooden wristcuffs stackable? 06/07/2016 06:59 PM CDT
I know these pulse and if you are stunned during that pulse, you auto-hide.

My question is: if I wear more than one, will both be pulsing so I get more auto-hide coverage? Maybe I have to wait a minute or two before I wear the second one so I spread the pulses out a bit..

Thanks,

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Item:Simple_wooden_wristcuff
Re: Are simple wooden wristcuffs stackable? 06/07/2016 07:35 PM CDT
>>Maybe I have to wait a minute or two before I wear the second one so I spread the pulses out a bit.

AFAIK, that's not how pulses in DR work. I think pulses are on a universal timer (or timers?).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Are simple wooden wristcuffs stackable? 06/07/2016 11:33 PM CDT
I think you're right, forgot about that. Would anyone be able to confirm? If so, then it seems one wristcuff is enough and another one would be useless.
Re: Are simple wooden wristcuffs stackable? 06/08/2016 06:48 AM CDT
>AFAIK, that's not how pulses in DR work. I think pulses are on a universal timer (or timers?).

I believe that it's more of a universal system that has timers readily interwoven, so these types of items that have a function of helping in a mechanical way are tied to that. I believe each item that puts in it has different time set-ups. Why do you think some of the Celestial jewelry flip looks near all the time, while there is the furtherst planet that through the life of the game would've only switched once or twice, and thus may have not actually switched on any person using the gem.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Vic
Re: Are simple wooden wristcuffs stackable? 06/08/2016 10:17 AM CDT
>>I believe that it's more of a universal system that has timers readily interwoven, so these types of items that have a function of helping in a mechanical way are tied to that. I believe each item that puts in it has different time set-ups.

I just don't know if it's per-script universal or system-wide universal.

In other words, if item A pings every 90 seconds, while that means all item As ping every 90 seconds but does it also ping at the same time as every OTHER 90 second item (item B, item C, item D, etc).

Going with your planetary gem stuff, my experiences is that they all pulse/shift on the same rail, but if some other item came out that had a similar item would it also happen at the same exact time or be on its own unique script-universal timer?

Either way, in terms of "can you stagger script pulses for a particular item" AFAIK the answer is no, because at least that particular item's script runs on a timer that is universal for all of those items. If you put 50 players in a room, gave them all that item, had them wear them at different times, and then stunned them all, they'd still all trigger at the same moment (at least I'm pretty sure that's the case).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Are simple wooden wristcuffs stackable? 06/08/2016 07:15 PM CDT

Thanks for the feedback. I guess it saves me from having to get another one of those wristcuffs.
Re: Are simple wooden wristcuffs stackable? 06/09/2016 10:09 AM CDT
Easy way to check would be to throw two onto a moonmage and teleport around a bit.

Likely Outcome:

One fires, puts person into hiding, 2nd one fires and either:
Checks if person is already hiding and does nothing if they are (Best case because the 2nd internal cooldown isn't triggered)
Doesn't Check if person is already in hiding and pushes them into hiding again (Likely, and wastes the internal cooldown but should message twice about being pulled into hiding)

Personally, timers in DR are a little weird. My earcuffs/medallions have 100% gotten onto different pulsing patterns, but they also check if you're at 100% vitality and don't fire if you are. Not sure if the wristcuffs were made with similiar "don't waste if unnecessary" checks.