A negnetha dragon charm 04/10/2016 02:39 PM CDT
So I've come back after a fairly long break and I found this on my person, a negnetha dragon charm. There were legends that this metal improved the ability to target magic. Just curious if this is still the case.
Re: A negnetha dragon charm 04/10/2016 02:51 PM CDT
I can't remember if the enchanted items from Morum Melgorehn were updated for 3.0 but you could try checking for an activation command (rub, touch, tap, invoke or something similar) or focus on the dragon and then use the Exp Mods command to see if you were enjoying +Targeted Magic. If you find anything out, post it here and we can add the information to elanthipedia.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: A negnetha dragon charm 04/10/2016 10:01 PM CDT
They no longer function.

You have two choices:

1) Save the item and use the metal "negnetha" in an alteration as it is considered an extremely rare material.

2) Contact Naohhi and see if they are still trading these in for an updated MD. Keep in mind these updated style's of MD's are a lot different than the old style. They have limited boosts and are on timers with cool downs.

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."
Re: A negnetha dragon charm 04/12/2016 01:30 PM CDT
Thanks for the info Lennon. I'll probably just hold onto it as a memento of days gone by.

On a tangent, are you still forging armor? I remember you as my go to for armor, as I'm still actually wearing so you made ages ago. Thinking of picking up some new sets to mess around with.

Pinth
Re: A negnetha dragon charm 04/12/2016 07:42 PM CDT
depending on how long you were gone and what kind of armor you have, you might have something worth holding on to.
Re: A negnetha dragon charm 04/12/2016 08:30 PM CDT
Either way I'd suggest talking to an armorsmith or doing some research on elanthipedia. Lennon still forges and is a great resource if you can track him down.
Re: A negnetha dragon charm 04/12/2016 08:49 PM CDT
BTW was that charm and end prize from the quest? If it was i'd hope it would be updated as it would have taken RL money to get. I would at least expect something out of the deal.
Re: A negnetha dragon charm 04/12/2016 09:15 PM CDT
>>BTW was that charm and end prize from the quest? If it was i'd hope it would be updated as it would have taken RL money to get. I would at least expect something out of the deal.

Eh, I think quest and auction items naturally expire as time goes on.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: A negnetha dragon charm 04/12/2016 09:23 PM CDT
To be honest, I don't recall where I got it from. I've been playing on and off since the AoL days and I've collected an assortment of items over the years. For instance, I just recently pulled out my gath mysanda from the vault and an old take down bow and have been fiddling around with them. I just need to pick up some new chain armor as I seem to have misplaced all my old chain and maybe a brigandine torso armor as I like to mess around with different armor types. The heavy plate I'm tromping around in now isn't nearly as comfortable as it used to be.
Re: A negnetha dragon charm 04/12/2016 09:49 PM CDT
Look for me in game. I am still in the armorsmithing biz. As someone mentioned some of your old forged armor might still be worth something. I'd be happy to look it over.

That dragon charm was an end prize from the first run of the Gnome Quest. I had an ithridu challace brooch from either that quest of the first run Dunshade. I forget which.

Your gath mysanda is worth a bunch. I just saw one sell for about about 10k PK. I remember when I first bought mine for about 10PL which was all the plats in the world to me at the time of the first Theren Fest. Damn has the economy gotten nuts.

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."
Re: A negnetha dragon charm 04/12/2016 10:22 PM CDT
I think the gath mysandas bond, don't they? If she's used it I don't know if anyone else can. Or maybe you just have to clear them first.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: A negnetha dragon charm 04/12/2016 11:31 PM CDT

>>I think the gath mysandas bond, don't they? If she's used it I don't know if anyone else can. Or maybe you just have to clear them first.

Just have to clear the mana out for someone else to use it.
Re: A negnetha dragon charm 04/13/2016 12:19 AM CDT
>Just have to clear the mana out for someone else to use it.<

This.

--Just a Squire

Re: A negnetha dragon charm 04/13/2016 04:35 PM CDT
Yeah, I've noticed a fair bit of inflation from when I played last. I might end up selling the thing as I don't tend to have mana issues and though I have coin, I feel fairly poor in the current state of the game.