deep blue brass-capped rod 04/08/2016 07:10 PM CDT
Has anyone taken this as a prize from the quest or does anyone know how long the person stays frozen when hit?
Re: deep blue brass-capped rod 04/08/2016 08:52 PM CDT
Frozen? Don't see any info about that on:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Weapon:Deep_blue_brass-capped_rod

Do tell!
Re: deep blue brass-capped rod 04/08/2016 09:16 PM CDT
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Ruins_of_Ulf%27Hara#Items_for_9_Credits

So, the pre-table description said that the rod would enact some sort of stun/freeze on someone, with a cool down. I expected it to be functionally similar to mental blast, a stat contest. I had a similar one at some point.

I can't find mention of it anymore, now the rod just looks like an utterly crap staff weapon.
Re: deep blue brass-capped rod 04/09/2016 10:01 AM CDT
So, I picked it up out of curiosity. Not sure if there's elemental flare damage or not, but it does freeze the opponent.

The rod roars like a blisteringly cold artic wind as it layers its target in a thick casing of frost and lands a strong hit to the bobcat's chest.

That immobilized it. And then about 7-8 seconds later: The frost encasing a bobcat breaks off completely.

If the target is currently frosted, you instead get a message like: The rod roars like a blisteringly cold artic wind and lands an extremely heavy hit that drives the ribcage clean through the heart in a great display of bone-snapping and spurting blood.

After around 20 tests I got one of those two messages on every hit. The focus on the rod was still at 'more than a quarter charged' afterwards. No analyze on it, so it doesn't seem to interact with potency crystals or infuser stones.

- Miskton
Re: deep blue brass-capped rod 04/09/2016 10:19 AM CDT
Oh, cool. So it's something that happens on attack, not as a secondary command (like point)?

I wonder if it's time based, or if a WM/Bard can recharge it.
Re: deep blue brass-capped rod 04/09/2016 11:51 AM CDT
Yeah, it just started happening when hitting things with it, didn't have to do anything to turn it on, or specifically activate the ability. I haven't tried charging it with an elemental mana user, but as a moon mage it gave the messaging for an item that can't be charged at all, rather than complaining about the type of mana.

- Miskton