a broad mistwood staff immaculately carved with bestial images 02/27/2016 03:22 PM CST
I have no idea what this item does yet. I'm normally better at figuring this stuff out!

Added the little details I could do the epdia page, but would love some player (or GM!) clarification: http://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Item:broad%20mistwood%20staff%20immaculately%20carved%20with%20bestial%20images

Since epedia is being wonky, here is the focus and a lean that only SOMETIMES shows up.

The mistwood staff has a definite magical pattern, which is apparently a spell.
However, the structure of the enchantment is antiquated and seems to have been purposefully obfuscated. Only experimentation will reveal what the magic does, if anything at all.

You lean on a broad mistwood staff immaculately carved with bestial images, which flashes with an ominous light.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: a broad mistwood staff immaculately carved with bestial images 02/27/2016 06:42 PM CST
I picked up one of those a while back, though I forgot to get around to putting it on Elanthipedia. Mostly I was curious about what it actually did. After experimenting with it for a while I put in an assist, thinking that maybe it was something that broke in the magic updates. I was told that the verbs are it, though. And I wasn't able to find anything other than what you've currently got on the wiki.

- Miskton
Re: a broad mistwood staff immaculately carved with bestial images 03/03/2016 01:57 AM CST

And I suppose all forms of perceive, focusing, invoking, attempting to charge it, waving it at yourself, an ally, or an enemy, things filled with water, or locked things, tapping it or tapping it on things, researches, and other magic item related verbs and doings reveal nothing, it isn't a foci, Recall from a bard doesn't reveal anything, and it doesn't generally enhance certain magics? Silver and green veined beasts.. Ranger magic enhancement? And fighting with it doesn't reveal anything? No random burst of magical doing?

When responding to something, make sure you have the facts. Otherwise you are just wasting time. -sig-
Re: a broad mistwood staff immaculately carved with bestial images 03/03/2016 11:39 AM CST
As said, the item doesn't appear to do anything other than have very limited verbs and a vague focus. Since it's a quest end prize, I'm assuming something is either just not clearly being explained with the item and/or it's not working due to some updates that took place since it originally came out.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.