Rebecho Ties Alteration 01/07/2016 03:53 AM CST
Is it intended that the items tied to a container contribute toward the weight capacity of that container? I'm just now running into this issue with a sheath that I had modified. I had previously had multiple items tied, but upon untying them, they began to act as if they were within the container.

The ties are on a claymore sheath that basically carries everything anyway. If the tied items contribute to the weight, it basically defeats the purpose.
Re: Rebecho Ties Alteration 01/07/2016 04:24 AM CST
It was mentioned in another thread that just because an item is tied doesn't mean its weight magically goes away. (and that was an undesired feature that was fixed with the script)

The purpose of the tie is to allow you to tie objects to other objects.. so while it does make having ties on a claymore sheath redundant, their purpose remains the same.
Re: Rebecho Ties Alteration 01/07/2016 04:28 AM CST
I'm not opposed to having the weight -exist-, I would just like the weight to exist outside the container itself...
Re: Rebecho Ties Alteration 01/07/2016 04:29 AM CST
Also, could you possibly direct me to the other thread? I'd like to read up.
Re: Rebecho Ties Alteration 01/07/2016 04:35 AM CST
> I'm not opposed to having the weight -exist-, I would just like the weight to exist outside the container itself...

Can I ask why? Having the weight be part of the worn item's weight is an advantage, since it means you get the weight reduction for worn items.
Re: Rebecho Ties Alteration 01/07/2016 04:38 AM CST
Claymore sheaths are huge, but they only hold a maximum weight of 60 internally.

Mine has straps tied to it. If I happen to tie say a crossbow to it, I can no longer put anything inside.
Re: Rebecho Ties Alteration 01/07/2016 04:45 AM CST
To add on to this, I can fill the sheath up to its maximum weight and THEN tie stuff to it, but not the reverse.
Re: Rebecho Ties Alteration 01/07/2016 04:59 AM CST
Ah, I see. It's not added to the weight of the sheathe, it's added to the weight of the sheathe's contents. Yeah, I see why that would be a pain.
Re: Rebecho Ties Alteration 01/07/2016 03:00 PM CST
I don't remember where the conversation was.. think lore bugs maybe?

and ah I see what you mean.. yeah that is kinda weird but I am not sure how they would fix that without an overhaul of how containers work.
Re: Rebecho Ties Alteration 01/07/2016 07:16 PM CST
There's a bug report in for this and I'll be addressing it sometime this week. :)

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Rebecho Ties Alteration 01/08/2016 02:41 AM CST
Any chance you can have repair kits for weapons/armor find tied things too?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Rebecho Ties Alteration 01/08/2016 08:05 AM CST
>>Any chance you can have repair kits for weapons/armor find tied things too?

If you have one, can you please hold it and submit a bug and say that it doesn't find items that are tied? I'll check with the repair kit owner and see if we can cook up something.

BTW - the next upgrade I plan on working into tie-items is the ability to let them be hidden.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Rebecho Ties Alteration 03/31/2016 05:44 PM CDT
Any update on this? Bug still exists with the ties.
Re: Rebecho Ties Alteration 03/31/2016 07:31 PM CDT
I've looked into it, but there's unfortunately not a good way of handling it right now. It's something I've looked at twice now with different approaches, but it seems the weight calculation is happening a lot deeper in the code than I can dig, so unfortunately, it's an issue that is going to continue to continue to exist for now. It's not being pushed aside, but just pushed back for now.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Rebecho Ties Alteration 03/31/2016 10:24 PM CDT
Alrighty, thanks for the update.
Re: Rebecho Ties Alteration 10/11/2016 10:33 PM CDT
Was hoping I could poke this again.

Since the problem seems much more embedded and unable to be easily resolved, could we maybe revert the prior changes and make the ties weightless again? The added functionality is simply wasted on my scabbard in its current state.
Re: Rebecho Ties Alteration 10/12/2016 12:57 AM CDT
Yeah... I know there's tons to do already but I might as well throw my bid in on this too.

You are certain the bar appears capable of holding about 30 stones of weight.
You are certain that the silverwood keg weighs exactly 140 stones.

And the embiggener wouldn't work on the bar. Doh!