Buffet/dessert carts for trader shops 01/06/2020 06:07 AM CST

An item that I would really like to see is a well fleshed out selection of free food and drink carts. They could work like the cart in the empathy guild or the table in the auction hall. Starting out low price could be simple drinks and some little cookie type stuff and it could go all the way overboard to some extravagant finger food/dessert smorgasbord type stuff on a real flashy cart. It would be a neat rp thing to have in my shop to offer customers. It probably sounds like a corny idea to some but I would really enjoy it in my shop just for the rp alone
Re: Buffet/dessert carts for trader shops 01/06/2020 06:10 AM CST

To be clear when I say free I meant free to people coming in the shop. Of course there would be a price ladder for obtaining the various types of carts and offering on them
Re: Buffet/dessert carts for trader shops 01/08/2020 04:55 PM CST

While I understand that most GM's or whoever are volunteers, someone somewhere gets paid from our monthly subscription fees. So For a question to go unanswered by someone in charge of something for two days is unacceptable.
Are there any items like this in game currently? And if not what can someone do as far as requesting something like this? Or what avenue could someone take to perhaps get a consensus if something like this would even be desirable?
Re: Buffet/dessert carts for trader shops 01/08/2020 06:11 PM CST
You can put free food and drinks on one of your shop surfaces instead of goods for sale. There are numerous widgets that magically generate food or you could just roll out a picnic basket with food and drink and keep your surfaces for sales goods.

An additional surface/side table just for refreshments that you could unlock with circle + additional plat cost would be neat, especially if you could use crafted tables and/or festival MT surfaces to customize it. Unfortunately I think crafted tables only work inside Houses currently.

The Lemongrab reference was hilarious.

Documentation is a love letter you write to your future self.
Re: Buffet/dessert carts for trader shops 01/08/2020 09:13 PM CST

One million years in dungeon! mwlaaaah!

Ok, so if I understand there are items that one can 'unroll' or something that will have food and drink? But indeed NOT anything available for our shops specifically for it without taking up space on our sales tables?

If so, then I need to find and buy one of these picnic baskets. Many thanks to ya
Re: Buffet/dessert carts for trader shops 01/08/2020 09:44 PM CST
>I need to find and buy one of these picnic baskets

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Picnic_basket commands and variations of picnic basket

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Blanca%27s_Basketry_and_Wickerworks 24/7 picnic basket shop in Leth Deriel

There's also a fancier picnic basket for sale in the Market Plaza store 'Help! Allye Made Me Sell Stuff'

Re: Buffet/dessert carts for trader shops 01/08/2020 10:04 PM CST

Outstanding! Thanks again. Now if we can get enough people to request something like this we can customize for the shop, that would be magnificent!
Re: Buffet/dessert carts for trader shops 01/09/2020 12:11 AM CST
Picnic baskets are a great option. There's also a microtrans item that's a table with food that you can summon. For example: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Item:Egg-shaped_porcelain_bell

That one was sold at Corn Maze, but you could ask for them to be added to other future MT events.

I do agree, though, that it would be a neat Trader perk to be able to summon food directly within the shop, or maybe even anywhere as a guild ability. Add it to the HIRELING ability maybe?

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Buffet/dessert carts for trader shops 01/09/2020 02:18 AM CST

Well, I did the picnic basket thing. Not even an hour after getting it and filling it with goodies, I ran out of the shop to climb the walls and of course it poofed. I don't know if it was the janitor or a curious 'passerby'. My fault either way for assuming is would be safe there for people to grab treats from. That bell/table sounds fantastic, like almost exactly what I'm looking for. But, the whole 10 more summons kind of sours it. What would be sweet is if they could take the mechanics of that and maybe expand on it and add several variations to the plaza furniture shop to be a permanent fixture in the shop. Or perhaps even a higher level trader spell/summon for the shop
Re: Buffet/dessert carts for trader shops 01/09/2020 02:37 AM CST
Just to clarify, you filled your picnic basket and OPENED it before you left yes?

Re: Buffet/dessert carts for trader shops 01/09/2020 03:18 AM CST

Yep, had the goodies out while tending the shop. Brain farted and ran out leaving it sit while I clambered the walls
Re: Buffet/dessert carts for trader shops 01/09/2020 01:51 PM CST
The janitor must work differently in the shops. Noone else should be able to pick up a picnic blanket for awhile after you've put it down. Maybe a thing to BUG?
Re: Buffet/dessert carts for trader shops 01/09/2020 06:33 PM CST

Eh, I chalked it up as a painful lesson. I should have packed it up before leaving. I was just trying to add a little atmosphere to the shop. I might try to find one of the bell things mentioned earlier as it appears the item remains in your hand and the goodies surface is summoned. Though the 10 use thing is a tad disappointing