Inventory slot addon customization for items 10/09/2017 03:15 PM CDT
I'd like to see a widget that you could apply to any wearable items that would increase the possible worn locations of the item and allow for utility similar to a bundle, where you could shuffle between the worn locations.

Example: A shoulder worn quiver. Apply a widget to belt worn quiver and unlock 2 more inventory spots; upper arm, and thigh. Apply another widget and unlock 2 more inventory slots; generally-worn and on the belt.

Once applied, the widget is consumed. Make the widget a crafting item template (outfitting for cloth/leather items, forging for metal items, engineering for stone/bone/wood items), or just a purchasable item - whatever makes it easier to put into play. Require a potency crystal application to expand widget slots beyond X if there needs to be a limitation.
Re: Inventory slot addon customization for items 10/09/2017 09:17 PM CDT
There was a voucher sold only once that changed where something was worn and never again. Vaguely remember a GM saying this was 'very rare', so I doubt you'll see it.

This parchment entitles the owner to reconfigure any ONE item's appearance and to alter where it may be worn (This change must make sense for the item.)
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Item:Piece_of_crisp_parchment

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Inventory slot addon customization for items 10/10/2017 12:05 AM CDT
It would be awesome to have a consumable item from a crafting system that wasn't a weapon/armor that was super useful. I like the idea of being able change where things are worn. Reminds me of bundles.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Inventory slot addon customization for items 10/10/2017 03:02 AM CDT
>>Vaguely remember a GM saying this was 'very rare', so I doubt you'll see it.

Rebecho the merchant also visited several times and changed worn location for a hefty fee (~500 plat?). You had to go to him three times in order to eventually get it to generally worn, so there was a sort of tier system.

This suggests to me that it could work well as an item, assuming some limitations. Changing where something is worn is only OP when you allow wearing, e.g., 10+ vitality healers. As long as the enchantment were restricted well enough (say, to certain crafted items), I think it could work.

- Navesi
Re: Inventory slot addon customization for items 10/12/2017 10:13 AM CDT
>>e.g., 10+ concentration healers.

Fixed that for you.