Armor 11/28/2016 02:07 PM CST
Two requests:

1. A single item of armor that covers all body parts.

2. Armor that is swapable types, like swapable weapons. Probably should need to be held in order to swap it.
Re: Armor 11/29/2016 10:45 AM CST
>> 2. Armor that is swapable types, like swapable weapons. Probably should need to be held in order to swap it.

From an in-character perspective (magic items aside), how would you be able to "wear" a solid piece of plate armor to learn about chain armor that has flexible links?
Re: Armor 11/29/2016 11:16 AM CST
If magic items aren't desirable, justify it as layers that are removable. The plate part comes off, and it's decent leather armor underneath, or whatever combination. The more flexible sorts of armor might just be flipped inside out, like those duffel bag / backpacks. I understand the desire for in character justification, but a small amount of suspension of disbelief goes a long way, when making this a good computer game, too.
Re: Armor 11/29/2016 04:44 PM CST
>From an in-character perspective (magic items aside), how would you be able to "wear" a solid piece of plate armor to learn about chain armor that has flexible links?

The same way I learn HE from a broadsword and use those skills to swing a battle axe or cinqueda. A slicing straight blade doesn't perform at all like a slicing axe, but they use the same skill.

Hand wave it.
Re: Armor 11/29/2016 05:32 PM CST
I want one of those orb armors, that when touched creates a full light armor bodysuit that looks exactly like spawns armor (cape included). Not only armor but every brawling attack weapon built into it...
Re: Armor 11/29/2016 08:35 PM CST
And sentient chains

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Armor 11/30/2016 01:12 AM CST
>And sentient chains
Are these like chains that are like snakes, that snap and flick, and dance and thrash through the air, as well as attack opponents (I mean obviously the last one)?

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 S.V.o.L.t.R
Re: Armor 11/30/2016 01:27 AM CST
You clearly need to brush up on your spawn bro.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.