Favor Reliquary 10/31/2016 11:46 PM CDT
I'd like see to an item (craft enchantment, HE gift, whatever) that pulses every X minutes and takes X% of your unabsorbed field experience and fills 'nodes' or holy relics in the reliquary. There would be 15 or 20 nodes as the base item (make them expandable with potency crystals for the paywall addon - expandable up to 30 nodes).

So instead of learning experience and then hugging a favor orb and seeing all that experience gone, you'd be continually storing a small fraction of the experience in your reliquary. When it's time to get a favor orb, touch the orb with the reliquary and it would empty 1 node to completely fill the favor orb without touching your unabsorbed field experience. Since it takes more bits to fill the next favor orb (as you gain favors), it would rebalance the remaining node(s) to maintain how many bits were needed in each node to fully fill an orb.

You could still hug the orb if you wanted to utilize unabsorbed experience.

IE, every 10 minutes the reliquary pulses and if I've got unabsorbed experience it pulls 1% of my total unabsorbed experience into the reliquary and fills as much of a node as is required by my current favors.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Favor Reliquary 11/01/2016 08:13 AM CDT

I really like this idea, and I'd like to make one exception. Put the roll-over experience into the reliquary. If something is already at mind locked, and you gain new bits, then put it there instead. Put a cooldown on how fast you can turn the reliquery into a favor.
Re: Favor Reliquary 11/01/2016 12:14 PM CDT
>>I really like this idea, and I'd like to make one exception. Put the roll-over experience into the reliquary. If something is already at mind locked, and you gain new bits, then put it there instead. Put a cooldown on how fast you can turn the reliquery into a favor.

Did not realize until now that I really want mind lock spill to over into favors some how.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Favor Reliquary 11/01/2016 12:35 PM CDT
I like the rollover idea, not so much the cooldown. Is there a reason to discourage gaining favors?

Vote:
Re: Favor Reliquary 11/01/2016 12:39 PM CDT

> I like the rollover idea, not so much the cooldown. Is there a reason to discourage gaining favors?

Favors are intentionally difficult to gain. By letting mind-locked XP roll over into favors, you're trivializing the orb fill-up mechanic (not that it's really bad today when you can just fill one slowly while locking lots of skills in combat).

Favor savors have a week long CD, so I'd say this should have a 2.5 day CD to when you can use it. That should give everyone more favors than they could reasonably use (outside of fests) in a few short months.
Re: Favor Reliquary 11/01/2016 02:24 PM CDT
>Favors are intentionally difficult to gain. By letting mind-locked XP roll over into favors, you're trivializing the orb fill-up mechanic (not that it's really bad today when you can just fill one slowly while locking lots of skills in combat).

In that case I'd vote against rollover. The whole point was to be able to continually put aside experience for multiple favors without tanking huge chunks/all of unabsorbed experience from filling orbs. As an armor and weapon tert, combat takes forever to fill favor orbs post 30 favors. It's disheartening to watch half an hour or an hour(s) of combat go into an orb and not even fill it.

It would also be nice if you had a chain of deaths from an invasion/bad luck and were able to quickly get back to 15+ favors.

Vote:
Re: Favor Reliquary 11/01/2016 04:23 PM CDT
>>So instead of learning experience and then hugging a favor orb and seeing all that experience gone, you'd be continually storing a small fraction of the experience in your reliquary.

RUB ORB takes a percentage of your unabsorbed field experience in each skill and puts it into the orb. One thing I really like about the current system is using RUB you do not need to have the orb in hand, just in an open container.

>>It would also be nice if you had a chain of deaths from an invasion/bad luck and were able to quickly get back to 15+ favors.

I'm not sure if you know how Prydaen favors work, but this seems similar. Go get as many symbols (orbs) as you wish to carry. Arbitrarily raise them, when they are full you get a favor automatically. No restriction of 2 at a time. And if you really wanted, you could partially fill 15 and have them ready to go anytime.
Re: Favor Reliquary 11/01/2016 04:49 PM CDT
This is mostly a convenience thing and an inventory thing. The FE i use doesn't have triggers to automatically rub an orb periodically and I end up forgetting I'm carrying orbs at all because I don't go through favors very often. A cyclic pulse that took care of slowly banking experience for favors over time would be useful to me. 1 reliquary item would be far preferable to carrying around 15 favor items.

Vote: