Further Updates 08/20/2012 07:53 PM CDT
The messaging about 'just registered it an hour ago' has been replaced by something more helpful (and accurate):

>{NPC} says, "You are welcome to register most anything that you may purchase or find. However, I did the paperwork for that {item} fairly recently. If you've changed it significantly since our last appointment, you can have me UNREGISTER it from my records, then I would be willing to make a fresh notation."

While revising that, I came across an old, previously unreleased update made by GM Danalae that will allow you (for a fee) to find out who registered an item if it doesn't belong to you. You'll be prompted for this new option when you try to REGISTER such an item belonging to another.

If you come across any oddities or problems with either of these changes, please let me know.

SGM Zadraes
Logistics Lead
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: Further Updates 08/22/2012 07:18 PM CDT
Idle curiosity, but why should it cost to find out who registered it. shouldnt it be free, to encourage people to return items?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh