thoughts come across screen 11/16/2016 09:12 PM CST
I use Wizard. Incoming thoughts come across my game screen (very annoying) instead of going to my "thought" window. Outgoing thoughts appear in the correct "thought" window. How can I correct this?
Re: thoughts come across screen 11/17/2016 12:10 PM CST
I ended up needing to take a few days off DR, but I'll try to address death causing ESP channel resets and the Wizard/Avalon issue later today. There's also apparently a gwethsmasher bug I thought I'd already squashed that is born anew.

Note, my change for Wizard/Avalon will be experimental. I do not guarantee it will work, but I'm optimistic it might!

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: thoughts come across screen 11/18/2016 02:06 PM CST
Gwethsmasher bug fix and experimental fix for Avalon/Wizard are in. Let me know if that fixes the problem with those FEs.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: thoughts come across screen 11/18/2016 07:33 PM CST
Thanks for all your hard work Farmifer!
Re: thoughts come across screen 11/18/2016 08:49 PM CST
>>Gwethsmasher bug fix and experimental fix for Avalon/Wizard are in. Let me know if that fixes the problem with those FEs.

Fix is working for me on Avalon. Thanks!

- Navesi
Re: thoughts come across screen 11/18/2016 10:19 PM CST

Perhaps my dumb question of the day/month/year/decade but do I need to download and reinstall Wizard for the fix? Right now I'm in game and the gweth messages are still in my game window rather then the thought window.

K.O.P.
Re: thoughts come across screen 11/18/2016 11:11 PM CST
>>Gwethsmasher bug fix and experimental fix for Avalon/Wizard are in. Let me know if that fixes the problem with those FEs.

"Your mind hears" thoughts still show in the Wizard Game window instead of the Thoughts window.

Miegs
Re: thoughts come across screen 11/20/2016 04:44 PM CST

For Avalon, the fix does fix all incoming thoughts, but outgoing thoughts to a non-personal channel now show up in the main window.

e.g. I'm now seeing:

>think Blah blah blah.
[General] Your mind hears Padhg thinking, "Blah blah blah."

instead of:

>think Blah blah blah.
Your mind hears Padhg thinking, [General] "Blah blah blah."
Re: thoughts come across screen 11/20/2016 04:50 PM CST
Yeah, in retrospect I could've been more thorough tracking down all instances of it messaging. I'm probably not going to be working on DR tonight, but I should be able to get it cleaned up tomorrow.

-Armifer