ESP Changes 10/31/2016 03:13 PM CDT
Perhaps the wrong place for the question, but is it reasonable to assume that the Estate Holder item in the Squat Bungalow will be an either J or K goeth instead of both and that the price will change?

- Moon Mage, Cleric, Empath, Trader mostly
Re: ESP Changes 10/31/2016 03:25 PM CDT
There's been no discussion about replacing it or changing its price. LTB gweths will continue to have no break chance nor will they run out of charges.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: ESP Changes 10/31/2016 03:27 PM CDT

Thank you. The reason I ask is that they are now sold together, as they had separate functions. But in the future they will be duplicative.

- Moon Mage, Cleric, Empath, Trader mostly
Re: ESP Changes 10/31/2016 05:01 PM CDT
Armifier's initial concept post:
>3) Kyanite and Jadeite gweths will perform identically. You will only need one gwethdesuan, and can choose either based on your aesthetics.

Current most reply:
>There's been no discussion about replacing it or changing its price. LTB gweths will continue to have no break chance nor will they run out of charges.

I'm seeking coolness and bonus deals for Premium Players because to me a lot of development 'seems' to be going into not-premium things. I understand that a LOT of BIG systems have been getting updated (and I continue to like that the crafting system is so robust and fulfilling so many things so many of us players want our characters to be able to make, and there are other systems, but back to Premium). Premium really feels like I'm doing the same old 'advantages' and perks that I had back in the day, and yet so much of the game has been updated this stuff doesn't seem to get much love.

I first was reading the update a bit off, I just read couldn't be destroyed as if, they wouldn't run out of charges so these Premium items seem like they could still be nice. My hopefully not very difficult thing would be to have it be exchangeable while in a container then bonds to that person. Giving the advantages, and allowing the estate holder to get a bit more for his or her player's money.

So that's just my spitball for now. Hoping Premium sees some cool stuff upcoming. Thanks.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Vic
Re: ESP Changes 10/31/2016 07:27 PM CDT
My question is more around the LTB gweths previously not being smashable which was the real bonus they gave in addition to no charges to activate. Will the changes make it so they continue to not be smashable with the new rules in addition to no charges to activate? If not, this is a reduction in the benefit afforded for spending LTBs on these...which I did.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: ESP Changes 11/08/2016 10:20 AM CST
As per Armifer:
>Previously LTB gweths would be rendered inoperable for multiple hours instead of destroyed. Now it'll be pegged at one hour instead. While I'm going to be cautiously open to changes to LTB gweths, "not silenceable" was never a benefit and I do not foresee making it one.

I'd like to know if there will be any discussion about refunding part of the purchase price to those who already purchased them since both gweths will be identical in the future?

Also lowering the purchase price on them, of course.
Re: ESP Changes 11/08/2016 10:38 AM CST
>>I'd like to know if there will be any discussion about refunding part of the purchase price to those who already purchased them since both gweths will be identical in the future?

>>Also lowering the purchase price on them, of course.

I doubt either of these will happen because mechanically you haven't actually paid double. Previously you paid 900 (I think it's 900? but the LTB cost doesn't matter) for permanent access to the J and K gweth channels. In the future you're still paying 900 LTBs for permanent access to J and K gweth channels, those channels are just combined now.

You could make an argument that if you were able to buy them separately refunding one (or taking extra from people that only bought 1) would be warrented, but because you couldn't buy them individually, there's really no need to do anything because the actual service you're getting hasn't changed.

If anything now you have a choice between wearing your unbreakable J or your unbreakable K, and have a spare in case you ever lose one.
Re: ESP Changes 11/08/2016 10:39 AM CST
>>I'd like to know if there will be any discussion about refunding part of the purchase price to those who already purchased them since both gweths will be identical in the future?

>>Also lowering the purchase price on them, of course.

I think it would be useful to lower the purchase price (and maybe even have the perma-gweths be made of a third fancy-pants stone type show off that they're fancy-pants perma-gweths), but why would someone retroactively get LTBs back after taking advantage of something for X number of months/years?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: ESP Changes 11/08/2016 11:31 AM CST
This is a goofy argument. Paying 900x2 for individual channels which are being combined is pretty much being charged twice. Especially when you can't give out the spare duplicate.
Re: ESP Changes 11/08/2016 11:40 AM CST
>>Paying 900x2 for individual channels which are being combined is pretty much being charged twice.

While I would be 100% happy with an LTB cost reduction, someone else also made the argument that you're paying 1800 for perma-access to the network, which right now happens to require two devices.

That said, either way, I think asking to be refunded LTBs because something became easier is a bit silly, especially after you took advantage of the bonus when it was present for X months/years.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: ESP Changes 11/08/2016 01:09 PM CST
I am decidedly neutral on the notion of rejiggering the cost of the LTB gweths. I don't think it's particularly relevant to the work I've done (since nothing about this change actually reduces the functionality of the LTB gweth, the perception that it does so is simply relative to everyone getting a massive QoL benefit), but it won't like, offend me if it happens.

It might happen, but it's not something I'm targeting for the ESP 2.0 release at this time.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: ESP Changes 11/11/2016 11:06 PM CST
>I am decidedly neutral on the notion of rejiggering the cost of the LTB gweths. I don't think it's particularly relevant to the work I've done (since nothing about this change actually reduces the functionality of the LTB gweth, the perception that it does so is simply relative to everyone getting a massive QoL benefit), but it won't like, offend me if it happens.

>It might happen, but it's not something I'm targeting for the ESP 2.0 release at this time.?

It doesn't have to happen soon. I was just wondering if it would be considered.

Thanks for the huge update. It's a great improvement!
Re: ESP Changes 11/12/2016 12:22 AM CST
I was wondering if you might consider applying the same grammatical rules to the gweth as are currently used with SAY?

For example, if someone attempts: "this is an example phrase"

Current SAY changes to: "This is an example phrase."
Current ESP makes no change: "this is an example phrase"

- Navesi