Feedback on Dissect 09/03/2021 08:11 PM CDT
First of all: I love it! Mostly, that is. I did find a few areas that might need attention.

I've spent the last couple of days logging in chars with different levels of Firstaid skill. The first one has FA well over her combats. This I expected, as I had been using compendiums on her for some time. So I will have to get her combats closer to her FA before she can learn FA in combat.

The next character I tested was a lowbie with only 4 ranks of FA. Here is where I saw the problem: Even when I killed rats or louts, I got messaging about how I didn't have the skill to attempt to dissect. I can't think of anything easier to kill than a rat.

The third character had about 35 ranks of FA, and Dissecting did scale well for this character with cougars and dryads.

All in all, a character just starting out will have trouble, but everyone else looks good.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Feedback on Dissect 09/05/2021 02:20 PM CDT

I just got to 35 ranks of first aid and i still cant dissect a rat.

You do not yet possess the knowledge required to perform this task.

Did you do something else on the third character to gain that knowledge? it says knowledge instead of skill, so is it a quest or a crafting technique like to get arrange all?
Re: Feedback on Dissect 09/05/2021 11:35 PM CDT
>You do not yet possess the knowledge required to perform this task.

"...All skill checks and exp rewards are shared with the existing Necromancers' ritual, except that this only provides first aid experience..."

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Post:Tuesday_Tidings_-_80_-_Dissection_-_08/31/2021_-_17:57

I suspect this line should have read "...all circle and skill checks and exp rewards are shared with the existing Necromancers' ritual..."

The Necromancer dissect ritual has a 10th circle requirement.
I don't have 9th and 10th circle characters to more accurately test this hypothesis but a 14th circle character could dissect and a 4th circle character could not.
Re: Feedback on Dissect 09/06/2021 06:55 AM CDT
>>Did you do something else on the third character to gain that knowledge? it says knowledge instead of skill, so is it a quest or a crafting technique like to get arrange all?

There were no techniques or bonuses involved: The third character was a bard. I suspect that 35 is the threshold, though, because I didn't count the bit of skill after the decimal point.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: Feedback on Dissect 09/06/2021 06:56 AM CDT
>>
The Necromancer dissect ritual has a 10th circle requirement.
I don't have 9th and 10th circle characters to more accurately test this hypothesis but a 14th circle character could dissect and a 4th circle character could not.

I suspect that's what happened, Mothra: The second character was circle 1, while the third was 14.

Re: Feedback on Dissect 09/06/2021 04:22 PM CDT

I had gotten up to 41 ranks of first aid and still couldnt do it. After getting to circle 10 i could dissect rats!! Finally!! Thank you! could someone please put this on the wiki now?
Re: Feedback on Dissect 09/07/2021 09:28 PM CDT
>>could someone please put this on the wiki now?

You definitely can!

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.