Glythtide favors 01/14/2021 03:09 PM CST
Howdy,

I see from Elanthipedia that "alcoholic drinks" are acceptable offerings for Glythtide, however, I find that many/most drinks that I order from a bar/inn do not work. Is there any rhyme or reason to which drinks work? Is it based on the noun or some other hidden calculus?

Thanks!
Re: Glythtide favors 01/14/2021 04:30 PM CST
I don't think drinks are tagged as alcoholic or not, so it's more likely based on the noun. Are the drinks you're trying more esoteric sounding ones whose names are the nouns you use to interact with them? In other words, is something like "pale ale" not working, or something like "Toggish Firetummy Yum Yum" causing the trouble?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Glythtide favors 01/15/2021 07:00 AM CST
I have a little character who gets favors from Glythetide. She uses the plum wine from Arthe Dale as an offering. She has also successfully used sacramental wine that has appeared in treasure drops.

Good luck!

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Glythtide favors 01/16/2021 12:39 AM CST
Thanks!

I found wine from Gaethrend's Court that worked.

I only tried bar-bought items from within the Crossing and everything failed but the wine and one other (maybe brandy?) from Gaethrend's Court (can't recall atm as I don't have my notes). I wonder if the type of spirit has to be related to grapes? That would make sense given the lore for Glythtide.

Best,
Re: Glythtide favors 01/16/2021 06:57 AM CST
That would make sense- though like I said, the plum wine works too. Very interesting! I think I'll try it.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Glythtide favors 01/16/2021 05:06 PM CST
A doubled message was hidden.

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator