Lighting Fires 06/12/2019 04:55 PM CDT
Okay, I know this may sound silly - but how do you light a fire?

It has been a loooong time since I played and I am trying to get back into it to play with my kids.

I want to get a Rakash favor. I have found the Crevice. I know I need three branches and to light a fire.

I have the branches, flint, I have trained mech lore. I can light a torch, but I can't seem to light a branch. I was told a torch could help me light a fire.

However, I seem to have become syntax illiterate in the past 18 years or so since I played. No matter what combination of commands I try to dream up - nothing gets me a fire on anything other than the torch.

Help please?

Tajaveliva
Rakash Cleric of Enelne (if I can ever get her favor)
Re: Lighting Fires 06/12/2019 06:34 PM CDT

You need a flint and a source of steel. (weapons work fine for this.) Put the branch on the ground, hold the flint in one hand and your steel in the other, then it's light branch with flint I believe.

Bluefalcon
Re: Lighting Fires 06/13/2019 02:17 AM CDT
Also, if you want to light something that you're holding on fire (like a cigar or incense) you can keep the flint in your container, hold the item you want to light and a weapon your hands and "light my <item> with my flint".
Re: Lighting Fires 06/23/2019 06:30 PM CDT
At super low ranks, I found I could not light items I foraged but could light items others foraged.

I have no idea what that could mean, but just in case it helps.
Re: Lighting Fires 06/23/2019 11:24 PM CDT
>>At super low ranks, I found I could not light items I foraged but could light items others foraged.<<

At least with my non-ranger characters (before the mech change), I've noticed that sometimes the type of wood seems to affect the difficulty of lighting the fire. Was it the same type of wood?

Inside each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil. It's a constant struggle as to which one will win. And one cannot exist without the other. Eric Burdon
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/evil
Re: Lighting Fires 07/09/2019 11:20 PM CDT
Thank you everyone.

I tried each suggestion. Oddly enough, the one that worked was using a branch someone else (higher level) foraged.

I went back at 5th circle, thinking it would be easier this time - since I had been successful once already. Nope. At 5th circle I am still unable to set a branch I foraged on fire.

This is a strange bit of coding that honestly does not make any sense.

I am now curious at what level I will be able to light a branch on fire to get a Rakash favor without having to ask someone else to forage the branch for me.

However, thanks to a lot of help - at least I have one favor!