Private barge 07/31/2018 10:15 PM CDT
Private sand barges would be a welcome addition to Muspar'i. These could be based outside the city of Muspar'i similar to a dock. These could travel to the Oasis, the (new area) Gemstone mountains, or the dwarven stronghold. They would be able to hold any number of people and have an owner's tent set up. The owner can toss anyone from the yeehar at anytime to leave them in the sand dunes.

This idea would alleviate some of the coin issues in the realms while providing a really unique opportunity. I would go so far as to say they would sell in the Simu shop.

Just a thought.. X

Re: Private barge 08/01/2018 09:30 AM CDT
In a way I agree with you but I also disagree.

I can see it as a good money sink, just like boats were.

But when I go to many of the public docks I see just a slew of boats...at one point I think the dock to Ratha I saw around 15-20 boats. I'd be willing to bet that most of those boats owners are no longer around, ie not actively playing, but still had money in the boat bank to keep them around.

My suggestion would be that a "private" dock be made for either/or boats & barges that if they are not used after say 2 rl months so they are not congesting the docks. When your looking for the kree or the others say up in Haven or down in Crossing.

Good idea though, even though personally I've never found the wait for the barge all that long. Compared to some of the public boats wait, or the one running from crossings to ratha getting stuck in the middle of the ocean. But to each their own :)
Re: Private barge 08/01/2018 11:22 AM CDT
How about a few barges that can be chartered. They would go faster, and leave on command. Best of both worlds, IMO. Do you really want to own your own barge? Time-share is the way!