Clothing shop 08/26/2009 08:00 PM CDT
I think it's about time my Trader got a nice set of clothes, the old one's are starting to smell...

I looked on the list in The Crossing and I didn't see a clothing store or anything. I was hoping to get him some nice clothes and a hat, I've got to have a hat... I also wonder where one could buy some eyewear, my vision isn't so great.

Thanks.
Re: Clothing shop 08/26/2009 08:02 PM CDT
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Category:Shops
Re: Clothing shop 08/26/2009 08:35 PM CDT
You'll find a list of shops and the wares they sell on the website that the above poster mentioned.

Another option is to visit the Bazaar in the Crossing. Older Traders set up tables (inside the main tent) or market stalls (around the perimeter of the bazaar) where they sell various goods, including clothing. Most of what they have will be Festival gear that isn't available in stores. It's usually nicer, but also more expensive. However, if you make nice with the Traders, sometimes they'll cut you pretty good deals.

From the Bank, the Bazaar is East, go ramp, North twice, go ramp again.

~ Vien De'Lionne

"Ridicule may lawfully be employed where reason has no hope of success."
Re: Clothing shop 08/26/2009 09:51 PM CDT
Honestly I find Elanthipedia... difficult to navigate through the shops due to how it's organized. At least if you're looking for something specific.

Not as up to date, but MUCH more friendly if you have an idea what you want so you can just do like a find word "shirt" or something:

http://arcanewolf.com/

DIR in Crossing will get you to most of the basic shops - there's a cobbler, a haberdashery a couple of other places to get some basic clothing. Fancier stuff as mentioned tends to come from merchants, fests, or resale at the Bazaar, though there are some nifty items from shops that are there all the time they tend to be further out (Like Muspar'i for example).

Someone in the Bazaar recently had some eye glasses, can't recall whom though.

Dartenian says, "The thing that makes Dragon Dance king is that it pretty much bonuses every single that can possibly be buffed for combat. Including at least two things that don't even exist."
Re: Clothing shop 08/26/2009 10:20 PM CDT
Funfact: Elanthipedia has a search feature that lets you choose the namespace to look in.

Typing in the word "shirt" and telling it to only look in Item and Armor should be all you need to prevent a massive list of every story, character page, or mechanical feature page containing the word "shirt".

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Clothing shop 08/26/2009 10:36 PM CDT
>Typing in the word "shirt" and telling it to only look in Item and Armor should be all you need to prevent a massive list of every story, character page, or mechanical feature page containing the word "shirt".

Ugh. I wouldn't recommend searching using namespaces.
Elanthipedia is not indexed consistently enough for it to return all the legitimate results from your search using them, and it's pretty easy to tell at a glance in your results list what is and is not a legitimate hit.

You just throw out too many babies if you use namespaces. It's not worth it.

"...I am inclined to think the focus of the [Warmage's] spellbook should be ways to make things explode, to help you make things explode, or to assist your victim in exploding." -Armifer
Re: Clothing shop 08/26/2009 11:56 PM CDT
Trust me, I've tried quite a number of ways to find stuff on Elanthipedia. It's search function is uh... better then the DR forums, but that's about all I have to say for it.

I love the fact that like if I search for "bowl" it won't turn up divination bowls, I have to make sure I pluralize it (Which means when I made the pages I had to remember to consistently pluralize each tool). Also ever try and search for a word with an apostrophe? That's awesome.

Dartenian says, "The thing that makes Dragon Dance king is that it pretty much bonuses every single that can possibly be buffed for combat. Including at least two things that don't even exist."
Re: Clothing shop 08/27/2009 12:00 AM CDT
I wish people would start making logical redirects.

I am also filled with rage whenever I find a page that WAS a redirect but was deleted for some reason.

Rev. Reene

"...[gods] are symbols in a way that no human being, however 'archetypal', can ever be. They are actors playing parts that are real only for us; they are the masks behind which we see our own faces."
Re: Clothing shop 08/27/2009 12:04 AM CDT
I should put more redirects on my pages but... eh. That's on the "to do" list when I link them all up, after I finish writing them all.

ie: Lazy.

But generally item searching I find to be the worst thing to search for on Elanthipedia.

There's some tricks you can use - but frequently the information is incomplete, and a lot of items are just missing.

PS: This isn't really meant as a criticism to Elanthipedia, I was just pointing out to something I thought would be user friendly - Elanthipedia is a good site, but needs more user contributions. The (lack) of information on the combat system in general is shocking and could really use some people jumping on that. Same with fleshing out items and shops and countless other things.

Re: Clothing shop 08/27/2009 02:55 AM CDT
Elanthipedia's search does support the standard boolean truncation wildcard: *

You could always manually stem your search term when your results are clearly irrational. Though it'd be nice if you didn't get clearly irrational results.

Bowl*

"...I am inclined to think the focus of the [Warmage's] spellbook should be ways to make things explode, to help you make things explode, or to assist your victim in exploding." -Armifer