Gorbesh Garb help 05/17/2008 02:48 PM CDT
I need some help figuring out the clothing habits of Gorbesh.

I know it's a lot colder where they come from, so I imagine they tend to favor heavier outfits, but considering warmer climate up here, I imagine it would change with the weather.

Does anyone have some descriptions of some Gorbesh NPCs, if there were any. During the war I was sub 20th circle and couldn't really participate.

Ideas for available clothes now would be nice too.

Information about my character, Kaldar/Gorbesh Barbarian, using HE, 2HE, Composite bow, and Brawling.

I am looking at leather torso and leg armor only, to leave mobility in hands and head. I realize this isn't best for actual hunting, but it is how I envision my character at this time, but I am open to ideas. I was training LP and HP, but it seems too hindering for my character concept.

I am imagining something akin to the Braveheart/William Wallace movie. Light and Quick, with a big weapon. A little more standard military in dress though, if that makes sense, getting a nice Gorbesh leather coat/clenched fist would be great.

This is what I am wearing now, which is far from finished. It is too much, I am well aware, so I am looking to pare it down some. The gloves and hood are probably going to go, and I am going to have to get the composite bow altered to fit the concept. I know the cuirbouilli coat is from a goblin invasion, but it is what I had available and don't have the extra money to get a tanned coat or kill a rock troll for a regular coat. I may end up buying one, but I use most of my money for Empath tips!

I am also looking for a greatsword, instead of the typical bastard sword everyone carries around. A good idea for a heavy edge would be great too. Maybe a cinqueadea to be different.

You are holding a bastard sword in your left hand.
You are wearing a magnificent purple heart and osage Elothean battle bow fitted with an onyx arrow plate, a carved wooden amulet, a hand-tooled black leather pack, some pitted steel-toed footwraps, an etched steel parry stick with black leather straps, a black leather split-strap sword belt with silver inlays, some steel-clad leather combat boots, a red gem pouch, a lumpy bundle, a black leather bullwhip, some black leather elbow wraps affixed with dagger blades, an elegant cougar-pelt quiver, a greatsword sheath, a black leather cuirbouilli coat emblazoned with a giant eye, a crocodile-skin buckler, a forest green quilted hood and some green quilted gloves.

thanks for reading!
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 05/17/2008 03:06 PM CDT
Some armor advice: a tanned coats can be pretty decent armor, and if you find some leather armor boots that might work well. (I've got both for sale if you want to contact Hanryu or my play.net addy).

-Also I'd loose the amulet, that's a distinctively Kaldar thing (for me at least), and doesn't go so well with the Gorbesh impression.
-I'd also stay away form items that specifically mention critter pelts in the description, as that seems more woodland-y back to nature to me (again a Kaldar trait, not Gorbesh).
-I'd see about changing the bow to something... not Elothean.
-What's the bullwhip about (if it's a good story, keep it, but I just want to know how that reflects a Gorbesh with "A little more standard military in dress" than a Braveheart)?
-Do you really need a sheath and a sword belt?

Good luck!

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Ambassador of the Ilithi Court, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, ... still a Ranger
http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 05/17/2008 03:34 PM CDT
-Also I'd loose the amulet, that's a distinctively Kaldar thing (for me at least), and doesn't go so well with the Gorbesh impression.

Makes perfect sense.

-I'd also stay away form items that specifically mention critter pelts in the description, as that seems more woodland-y back to nature to me (again a Kaldar trait, not Gorbesh).

I didn't have an extra thigh quiver than wasn't camo, I will dye it or find another one. It was free from the newbie racks.

-I'd see about changing the bow to something... not Elothean.

Yeah, I stated I was going to alter it if I can, or get a hold of one of the Gorbesh ones.

-What's the bullwhip about (if it's a good story, keep it, but I just want to know how that reflects a Gorbesh with "A little more standard military in dress" than a Braveheart)?

Just an extra thing I had that seemed neat, not necessary at all. I hadn't spent a lot of time trying to figure out an outfit until now. Totally unnecessary.

-Do you really need a sheath and a sword belt?

Nope, the sword belt is Outrider colors. I picked it up for that reason only, but I don't need it. I do need some sort of belt though. And some pants.
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 05/18/2008 08:22 AM CDT
I might be crazy here, but didn't the Gorbesh have their own symbols during the war? I thought one of them might have been the giant eye, which would make your coat surprisingly appropriate. I could be completely off though.

I wouldn't recommend the cinquedea; it's an Italian weapon and doesn't seem to have that Highlander/Norse feel you seem to be going for. Broadsword and longsword both seem fine. Bastard swords, while popular, also would fit your theme, although a greatsword seems like a good choice too.

Also consider a mask for head armor -- it can protect you without seeming like armor. Fur-lined gloves might work too.

- Player of Niieth
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 05/18/2008 02:17 PM CDT
I am 99% sure the giant eye coats were from a goblin invasion, along with something with flaming darts or arrows on it. Wren's nest confirms giant eye with a goblin scout back from '99

It was wearing a pair of dark leather stalking boots, a leather hip pouch embroidered with a giant eye, a leather helm, a dark leather cuirbouilli coat emblazoned with a giant eye.

Thanks for the info about the cinq, I will have to look around. I will see if maybe I can get ahold of one the old Gorbesh Broadswords.

The current list of items that I have that the Gorbesh wore is:

a burnished half plate embossed with a clenched fist
a burnished broadsword with a leather wrapped handle and pommel shaped like a clenched fist
a black medium shield enameled with a silver clenched fist
a black Gorbesh composite bow with tips fashioned in gold
a studded black leather coat emblazoned with a fisted silver gauntlet on the right sleeve

I think there was some sort of headband as well. If anyone has any more info or items from then, I would appreciate it.
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 05/18/2008 02:19 PM CDT
There was a coat as well.

Something like a pale gold longcoat emblazoned with a clenched fist.

It was hooded.

Rev. Reene

Me: Are...are you listening to Britney Spears?
Idon: You have Evanescence on your playlist. You don't get to judge me.
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 05/18/2008 02:30 PM CDT
Reene, do you recall if that was what the lieutenants dropped, or am I recalling that incorrectly?
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 05/18/2008 02:35 PM CDT
I wouldn't know, sorry. :\ I don't even know if that's the exact tap, I just know it was something like that.

Rev. Reene

Me: Are...are you listening to Britney Spears?
Idon: You have Evanescence on your playlist. You don't get to judge me.
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 05/18/2008 02:47 PM CDT
Thanks very much, I will keep an eye out.
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 05/19/2008 07:57 AM CDT
the longcoats are fairly rare i think i have only seen one and it belongs to bastchian(he will never give it up). As best I know the standard for the the gorbesh was compbows and broadswords. There was a red headband with feathers (dont remember the exact destriction) i think, havent seen one of those in a very long time either. But with that in mind, there are a few of us who play the gorbesh role who should be more then willing to help you get outfitted.
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 05/19/2008 05:46 PM CDT
Hrm, i thought i had a Gorbesh Tabard somewhere, lemme see ifn i can dig it up.

Rehlyn

You gesture at a gargantuan korograth.
A sheet of slippery rich amber ale-hued ice forms beneath a gargantuan korograth!
The gargantuan korograth refuses to fall.
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 05/19/2008 07:06 PM CDT
>>the longcoats are fairly rare i think i have only seen one and it belongs to bastchian(he will never give it up). As best I know the standard for the the gorbesh was compbows and broadswords. There was a red headband with feathers (dont remember the exact destriction) i think, havent seen one of those in a very long time either. But with that in mind, there are a few of us who play the gorbesh role who should be more then willing to help you get outfitted. <<

Any help would be appreciated, I was able to get a greatsword from fire sprites, but it is too tiring for me just yet. My forged bastard sword is doing fine for now, and I think I have enough money to get a light(ish) 60 stone greatsword in a little bit from Ienna or whomever. I have a studded leather coat from dusk ogres that seems to be doing fine for now and seems to fit okay. What else do you suggest I try to get a hold of?

I'll make a note of the headband and keep an eye out.

>>Hrm, i thought i had a Gorbesh Tabard somewhere, lemme see ifn i can dig it up.<<

Awesome, hope to see it soon.

Were there any Gorbesh NPCs like there are for Outcast, Dragon Priests, etc?
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 05/19/2008 07:32 PM CDT
As an addendum to my last post about the tabard, I am not expecting you to give it to me. I realize it may have come across that way. I was just hoping to see the description of it.

If you do find it, do you think if you would sell it?
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 05/20/2008 06:13 PM CDT
If anyone does have a longcoat/tabard I'd be willing to pay well for it.
Doctor: Are you Alliance?
Early: Am I lion? Huh. I don't think of myself as a lion. But you might as well have a mighty roar!
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 05/21/2008 11:08 AM CDT
i as well would pay well for the tabard/longcoat
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 05/21/2008 12:59 PM CDT
Can anyone confirm or deny Gorbesh NPCs?

What are all you other Gorbesh PCs wearing?
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 05/21/2008 01:49 PM CDT
You are wearing some wickedly spiked knuckles, a black spidersilk belt quiver, some pitted steel-toed footwraps, a black gem pouch, some dark leather boots with bone toe guards carved with a clenched fist, an iron-banded parry stick with brown leather straps, a crocodile-skin buckler, a noble chakrel dragon amulet hung from a blackened steel chain, a brushed nickel Dwarven hunting garniture inlaid with mother-of-pearl, a high-collared warrior's longcoat of bleached leather embellished with silver shoulder guards, some oiled leather armor reinforced with darkened steel plates and spiked guards, a worked leather staff harness, some mammoth leather fighting pants pierced with fossilized ivory studs and a tattered black leather lootsack.
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 07/12/2008 06:40 PM CDT
I think a clenched fist was a Gorbesh symbol.

I have a few bits that would fit...

a burnished half plate embossed with a clenched fist.

a black Gorbesh composite bow with tips fashioned in gold.

a burnished broadsword with a leather wrapped handle and pommel shaped like a clenched fist.

The broadsword was a drop from the Gorbesh wars if I remember correctly.

Synyster Shadowmaiden
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 07/14/2008 07:24 AM CDT
all of those came from the gorbesh war
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 07/14/2008 08:52 AM CDT
>>a burnished half plate embossed with a clenched fist.

a black Gorbesh composite bow with tips fashioned in gold.

a burnished broadsword with a leather wrapped handle and pommel shaped like a clenched fist.<<

What would you like for them?
Re: Gorbesh Garb help 07/18/2008 09:55 AM CDT
Sorry about the late reply, I am only able to get online at the weekend for the moment. I am open to offers, but I am not on aim or anything so you would have to find me in game. Syn lives on Aesry but I can probably have the items moved over to the mainland if that is easier.

Synyster Shadowmaiden