Thornweave question 11/07/2015 10:39 AM CST
I was looking at some of the longcoats on offering at the fest, and one is thornweave.

The wiki entry doesn't list any sort of durability/season metric for the cloth, just that it's woven from a specific plant, and that it holds 'matte' colors well (which kind of confuses me since one of the longcoats is viridian thornweave, and viridian is typically very bright)

Should I consider the material equivalent to cotton, for clothing purposes? For example: If you had a silk coat, you wouldn't wear it in winter, or the rain. The opposite is true for canvas.
Re: Thornweave question 11/07/2015 02:18 PM CST
Matte refers to a finish, not a tone or saturation of color -- a matte fabric wouldn't have any luster or shine to it regardless of color. Viridian itself isn't actually a very bright color, it's a fairly dark blue-green. The description says the fabric holds darker dyes better but not that it can only exclusively be dyed dark colors as well.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Thornweave question 11/07/2015 11:58 PM CST
Based on the description and the kind of items it's showed up in, I always imagined it like a fancy plant-based wool with an affinity for darker applications (presumably in reference to Dergati). Could be wrong tho'.