** Janitor Clearing a room** 04/18/2006 09:25 AM CDT
I am aware that am am truly Blond...being a "loony moonie" and all, and i still dont know how to navigate the forums after being IG for 2 years now, but please, oh please, will anyone who reads this please tell me where to find the posting that was issued about the "Janitor" cleaning a room. It was earlier this year 2006
When i type "dump Junk"....it tells me to kick myself in the shin...heheh... which while being real cute programming, is no real help.
If i am in a room and want to clear out either goblin Junk, or in a room where someone has been foraging without a container, and it is so cluttered that i cant forage anything there, how do i call the janitor to clean the room, and please tell me where i find that original posting, or any older ones for that matter. I been through 4 years of news and nothing there...
I know i saw it, used it and promptly forgot it as well....
ZouSjhe

"If you are not living on the edge...
You are taking up too much space...."
Re: ** Janitor Clearing a room** 04/18/2006 09:33 AM CDT
Try DUMP HELP.

flip
Flip what?

My website of cleric info: http://hometown.aol.com/kaliradr/myhomepage/profile.html
Re: ** Janitor Clearing a room** 04/18/2006 11:03 AM CDT
Ya think she'll be able to navigate back here to see the answer?

Heh. Just my idle mind running amok.

>boo
You let out a resounding "Boo!"
>A revenant warrior turns suddenly and flies west.
Re: ** Janitor Clearing a room** 04/19/2006 04:47 PM CDT
Praxis, you are a Pshchic, and you obviously know me well although you dont....I had to ask for help to find my posting...."blushes deeply"...but then you are all so kind, and helpfull, and i still cant clear the foraging of others from a room....I am still told to kick my own shin!!...go figure ??? any deep sugestions from yourself on this one Praxis... I now rely on your intuition to get me my answer, and to make it navigate its way to me....:grins:

Re: ** Janitor Clearing a room** 04/19/2006 06:18 PM CDT
I think the DUMP JUNK is there for hunting grounds. For example, in UnderShard - a lot of junk can accumulate very quickly. You can summon the janitor to clean it up by typing DUMP JUNK. However - if there is no "junk" in the also here section, you get the "You should just kick yourself in the shin. There is no junk here." message. If when you "look" you see stuff, coins, boxes, and some junk. - then you can DUMP JUNK to call the janitor. Foraged branches, sticks and other junk are not junk to be dumped by the system.

Does that sum it up?

~Chris
Re: ** Janitor Clearing a room** 04/19/2006 07:34 PM CDT
Don't I get credit for finding them for you? BooHoo. LOL. Have to say how proud I am of you for how clever you've become and soon you're not going to be needing me anymore. Atalas.
Re: ** Janitor Clearing a room** 04/19/2006 11:01 PM CDT
Chris has it right. Thanks for that obvious answer that most of us overlooked.

Gladiator Maulem~
[Lystid] Do you know the two most important words a married man knows?
>think Itwasn'tme, IsweartoKuniyo?

Come join the werewolf legions!
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=12199
Re: ** Janitor Clearing a room** 04/20/2006 04:47 AM CDT
Thank you Chris and Atalas (you dont need credit, you have my promise of my hand in marriage!!) and all who tried to help me....and i accept i must go find a clean room, and cannot fix other players mess, or mess myself....:grin:...and clean it up before i go. I found an awesome foraging spot, but i had to haul the mess back with me, danderously overburdened, through critters...:cackle:....in my attempts to clean up behind myself...and not leave the clearing a mess for the next one.
How do we sugest an added use to the dump command??
Thank you all!! and at least i know how to get onto the forums and how to ask for advice, so watch this space...as i need lots of answers.(especially you Praxis...cheeky one...)

Re: ** Janitor Clearing a room** 04/20/2006 06:36 PM CDT
If you're foraging stuff.. you could get compost runes/charms to use to help you clean it up.. or tote a Ranger along with you. grins

Shadeau Raysen-Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Re: ** Janitor Clearing a room** 06/01/2006 07:36 AM CDT
>>If you're foraging stuff.. you could get compost runes/charms to use to help you clean it up.. or tote a Ranger along with you. grins

Doesn't help those of us who can't use magic. Also I doubt a ranger wants to have to follow us around whenever we want to forage.

I have found an easy solution to stick to things that can burn though. Light fire and forage away.

Brabs

Ternith whispers to your group, "the Barbarian never retreats...the warrior will take use of falling back to a better position to kill."
Re: ** Janitor Clearing a room** 06/02/2006 02:05 AM CDT
you can also do things that are edible, herbs, grass, sap

--
Treat empaths with respect, you'll live longer
--
http://people.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5198137
Re: ** Janitor Clearing a room** 06/02/2006 06:58 AM CDT
Or burnable and make a bunch of little fires.

Gladiator Maulem~
[Lystid] Do you know the two most important words a married man knows?
>think Itwasn'tme, IsweartoKuniyo?

Come join the werewolf legions!
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=12199
Re: ** Janitor Clearing a room** 06/21/2006 04:36 PM CDT
>>you can also do things that are edible, herbs, grass, sap

herbs: some will teach, but seems i good at being in spots i can't find ones i am capable of finding

grass: won't teach me
sap: won't teach me

Brabs

Non Rangers practice a unique methode of locating people and places in cities......We ask directions - Mendasity