On Dragging Deceased Strangers 08/06/2002 12:50 PM CDT
When you drag someone unknown to you (for example, that person who just keeled over in front of you at the Empath's Guild) to the Cleric's Guild, what does etiquette demand that you do after arriving? It seems rude to simply dump the body there and take off, yet there's really no point in waiting around to watch a perfect stranger restored to life.

Are you expected to say anything after dragging the corpse in, or is it acceptable to simply bow and leave? Opinions?

Iyrvet
Re: On Dragging Deceased Strangers 08/06/2002 12:52 PM CDT
I tend to drag, drop, and leave. It's not like the clerics don't know what the corpse is there for :P
Re: On Dragging Deceased Strangers 08/06/2002 12:53 PM CDT
Back when resurrect was still around, I would just drag them to the cleric guild, make sure that a cleric was attending to them, give the attending cleric the deaders weapon, etc., and then leave. I don't really expect too much thanks for help, as I'm glad to help when I can. However, hanging around to make sure they get up and around has led to many friendships in my time in the realms.

All in all, a point of personal preference I would say.

Maulem~Riverhaven boar farmer
Re: On Dragging Deceased Strangers 08/06/2002 12:53 PM CDT
I holler "Fresh Dead!", salute the corpse, and leave.

The only reason to hang around is if you are fishing for compliments and a gratuity from the meat you just brought in. Personally, I'd rather be hunting.

~Kodiac
Re: On Dragging Deceased Strangers 08/06/2002 12:56 PM CDT
If i have nothing better to do I hang around and cast Zephyr.

Steel.
Re: On Dragging Deceased Strangers 08/06/2002 01:05 PM CDT
Most of the time when I drag a corpse I'll stick around to make sure he/she will be all right. But if I'm pressed for time for whatever reason I've no qualms about saluting and leaving.

Ryeka and the brood
Re: On Dragging Deceased Strangers 08/06/2002 01:13 PM CDT
Drag, Annouce, Bond, Ward, wait for return (to either help the person get to their Glyph, or pick up their items in case they get lost for 12 minutes), Salute, March out.

A Paladin
Re: On Dragging Deceased Strangers 08/06/2002 03:36 PM CDT
Stop dragging em to the building! That's where us clerics go for teaching, and it stinks with deaders there.
-Grid
Re: On Dragging Deceased Strangers 08/07/2002 06:44 PM CDT
>> Stop dragging em to the building! That's where us clerics go for teaching, and it stinks with deaders there. <<

That's funny, I'm under the impression that's where the best mana is for rejuving is. Also, whenever I ask a cleric where to bring them on the gweth they say that room..

Hark ~ unsure if you were being sarcastic.
Re: On Dragging Deceased Strangers 08/07/2002 09:40 PM CDT
<s> Yea stop bringin em inta the Cleric guild, we don't want em, we don't need em. And the smell of someone dead is rather unplesent. Drag em to the Paladin guild when they die. No raise so just gliph em an forget em. </s>

Inept Acolyte (who is still laughing about the deader that told him he just wanted Rejuved real quick a glph and nothing else, So I cast PFE twice and had a friend glyph and walked away)
Re: On Dragging Deceased Strangers 08/08/2002 11:29 AM CDT
I hope <s> </s> indicated the text within was just pure sarcaism. :E

Reminds me of the "old days" when people didn't know what the heck a rejuve even was, and would never wait around long enough for a Cleric to get there and rejuve their mems, heh.
Re: On Dragging Deceased Strangers 08/08/2002 09:16 PM CDT
Yes, <S(arcasim)> </(end)S(arcasim)>

Inept Acolyte
Re: On Dragging Deceased Strangers 09/24/2002 05:26 PM CDT
As for the original question of what to do after you get the body to the Cleric's guild... I usually just find out who to give the person's weapon to, and then wish the person "Good luck."

I guess it is my motto when it comes to the death system.

Alythorn
Re: On Dragging Deceased Strangers 10/26/2002 12:24 AM CDT
It seems reasonable that you should be able to put the deaders dropped weapon into a container worn by their corpse. Also reasonable: stick the weapon into their body, since they won't be using it (the body) anymore anyhow. As it is, I wait around for the departed to return to the Cleric guild and hand over the goods personally.