Etiquette 03/25/2002 02:05 PM CST
Comments anyone?
Re: Etiquette 04/08/2002 03:46 PM CDT
Edible kit? So does it contain food?
Hunting Etiquette - Working PP while maintaining a room? 09/21/2004 02:11 AM CDT
I am hunting in a room. This room has very good mana and I wish to remain hunting in this room. I also want to maximize my experience learning. In paticuliar, I want to increase my PP experience.

In order to increase my PP learning I wish to step into the next room, perceive the power, and then hop back into my room. There may be someone else hunting in this room and I accept the risk of any area spells, bardic enchantes, etc.

I will be out of my good mana room for 3-7 seconds (the RT on percieving). I will do this once every few minutes if the area is not swarming (read: not many people hunting).

Is it considered poor etiquette to expect to retain ownership of the room for the brief 3-7 seconds I step out?

Player of Tessaa
Re: Hunting Etiquette - Working PP while maintaining a room? 09/21/2004 03:07 AM CDT
<<Is it considered poor etiquette to expect to retain ownership of the room for the brief 3-7 seconds I step out?>>

Once you leave a room, it is open. Of course, being the stealthy Warrior Mage you are, you could just sneak back into the room and pretend you were there the whole time, in case someone does "claim" the room. ::grin:: Leaving behind a familiar to "mark" your room can also help, but don't expect everyone to recognize it as "your room" if you leave.

~Vraniss~

die
and be free of pain
or live
and fight your sorrow
Re: Hunting Etiquette - Working PP while maintaining a room? 09/21/2004 09:46 AM CDT
>>Is it considered poor etiquette to expect to retain ownership of the room for the brief 3-7 seconds I step out?

>>Once you leave a room, it is open. Of course, being the stealthy Warrior Mage you are, you could just sneak back into the room and pretend you were there the whole time, in case someone does "claim" the room. ::grin:: Leaving behind a familiar to "mark" your room can also help, but don't expect everyone to recognize it as "your room" if you leave.

Besides the fact that no one owns a room. It is common courtesy to ask to hunt in the room if someone is on there, but no one owns it. If you want that room, then don't leave it. Some rooms gen better than others and if it open, I will more than likely try to get it.

Brabs

Fighting with a bunch of archers in Geni.

"Hey, it's shoot GENI, not shoot GEN!"
[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath"
Your mind hears Gelicast thinking, "shoot the gelv cyclops, not gelicast"
Re: Hunting Etiquette - Working PP while maintaining a room? 09/21/2004 05:02 PM CDT
>>Is it considered poor etiquette to expect to retain ownership of the room for the brief 3-7 seconds I step out?

Yes.

Possession IS the law on room "ownership".

~Kodiac
Shield: It does a body good.
Re: Hunting Etiquette - Working PP while maintaining a room? 09/22/2004 07:40 AM CDT
move your feet loose your room.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Re: Hunting Etiquette - Working PP while maintaining a room? 09/22/2004 08:44 AM CDT
Sounds good to me.

Similar question different twist...

Considering it is impossible to use the STALK verb in creature combat without ever moving rooms, what about moving rooms due to stalking?

Even if you do a...

>stalk creature
>poach creature

...occasionally you will stalk it into another room if it moves in that split second between stalk and poach. Losing the room is an innate risk of using the STALK verb?

Player of Tessaa
Re: Hunting Etiquette - Working PP while maintaining a room? 09/22/2004 02:53 PM CDT

<<...occasionally you will stalk it into another room if it moves in that split second between stalk and poach. Losing the room is an innate risk of using the STALK verb?

Life is full of tragedy, yet somehow we manage to keep going.

~The player of Nevynral