Re: Frustrations - 04/28/2004 01:04 AM CDT
Heh, my 2 problems turned into four points. I need to learn to preview before posting.

Visionary Heroiklim Zortal

Heiu says, "By the end of the year I expect to see an explosion"
Heiu says, "Hold me to that if you want.... at Christmas"
Re: Frustrations - 04/28/2004 01:10 AM CDT
<<Second, I don't see intelligent creatures being penned to help a novice barbarian train their weapon skill. Hogs, boars, and the like I can see, but anything smart enough to carry treasure... there's moral issues that come into play there, and whatever gripes your character may have against the ruling caste, they aren't going to enslave goblin fodder, and arm them, for you to train killing skills on

I have no problem with it stopping at boars, as long as there are enough boars to train with. And you are right, the moral issues involved could get messy. Hadn't considered that.
Re: Frustrations - 04/28/2004 08:32 AM CDT
<<Have you tried hunting rats or goblins lately?>>

I'm not sure exactly when it is you're playing, but within the last month I've brought two characters directly through rats, goblins, and finally cougars with little to no problem whatsoever with the exception of occasional gen issues in cougars.

~Mage Algosh
Re: Frustrations - 06/06/2004 03:18 AM CDT
I've leveled up my beginning war mage basically during the Outcast war, so in the last 6 weeks or less. I haven't encountered any problems of this sort, in fact, i noticed places had less traffic than they did 6 months ago when I played around with a throw away character on someone else's account.
Re: Frustrations - 01/09/2016 03:56 PM CST
>If your items are valuable to you, you should ensure you type the correct command. Policy should not need to be continually redefined to protect stupidity.
>Because now we have lovely policy issues like 'oh I didn't mean to point him out, my script/trigger/macro jut had a typo' and 'I didn't mean to cast death at him, >I just made a typo' and 'I didn't mean to graverob him, I just made a typo'.
>Plus 'I made a typo' seems like the most offensive lie possible.

That is an extremely poor comparison. Name ANY other one word typo that can potentially lead to all items being stolen OR permanently deleted because you can't find the gravesite and it all decays.
Re: Frustrations - 01/09/2016 07:01 PM CST
>Name ANY other one word typo that can potentially lead to all items being stolen OR permanently deleted because you can't find the gravesite and it all decays.

I don't really think that's my responsibility.

I'm a big proponent of personal responsibility. When I screw up, I screw up. I learn from my mistakes. When I'm wrong, I admit it.

I can say that I haven't ever lost a grave, and that I haven't ever been graverobbed. Because I'm careful.

When things matter to me, I take care of them, and take the proper steps to ensure I don't lose or destroy them. If they are irreplaceable, I put them in a vault, or otherwise 'loss proof' them. I suggest you look into registration and bonding. It's not bullet proof, but it could help you.

There are significant tools and mechanisms in place in DR as-is. And that's the last comment I'll make on this, before it descends into bickering.
Re: Frustrations - 01/09/2016 07:16 PM CST
How did this thread end up migrating over to become a continuation of an eleven and a half year old thread?

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators