cost of items 06/10/2019 02:34 PM CDT
Not really a complaint as a concern. I am new to Dragonrealms. Have not been here. The cost of living seems to be adjusted for people who have been here awhile and have had the chance to accrue quite a lot of Plats. For us new people who have never been here this creates a big detriment. The cost of basic upgrade items for armor and weapons is well out of range for us to buy. I have a basic sword and armor from crossing. At Leth an upgrade for me is 19 or 21 plats for a new weapon. A very big deterent. Your Thoughts?
Re: cost of items 06/10/2019 06:52 PM CDT
>Your Thoughts?

Look other places than Leth. The cost of store bought items really hasn't suffered from inflation at all.
Re: cost of items 06/11/2019 07:20 AM CDT
What Nyrr said: Storebought stuff hasn't changed in terms of price. What kind of armor and weapons are you looking for?

Ryeka and the mind behind...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: cost of items 06/11/2019 07:44 AM CDT

You can get everything you need in Crossing for the price you can easily get selling skins and pawning equipment.
Re: cost of items 06/12/2019 09:23 AM CDT
<< I have a basic sword and armor from crossing. At Leth an upgrade for me is 19 or 21 plats for a new weapon. A very big deterent. Your Thoughts?>>

You really won't need the handcrafted armor and weapons for quite a while. Depending on what kind of weapon you want you can get pretty good basic armor and weapons pretty cheap. If you tell us what you are using we can better help you. In fact, if you use leather armor, if you ask nice someone would probably go get a courboulli coat from the rock troll area N of Crossings.

Bluefalcon
Re: cost of items 06/12/2019 03:07 PM CDT

As folks mentioned, there's lots of store bought stuff available that's cheaper. Leth has the most expensive non-festival store bought weapon shop I can think of. Maybe Muspari rivals. If you need any help, most people are willing to assist and there are also donation shelves in guilds you can check. If you use discord, feel free to reach out at DISCORD: Jalika#4159

Jalika
Re: cost of items 06/13/2019 02:12 AM CDT
The stores in Crossing (and Wolf/Knife Clan) got a recent overhaul so they have the best storebought items in game and on top of which are usually better priced than older shops in other areas. I definitely recommend just using the Crossing shop items until you can start buying player made gear or are gifted some, since in many cases (especially with armor) it isn't actually an upgrade or is such a small upgrade to not be worth the cost. You'll be best off just saving your money to get your first player crafted gear instead of buying items from shops outside the immediate Crossing area.

The shops I always hit up on new characters and don't upgrade the items from them until I get fest/event/crafted gear are:

Tembeg's Armory - You can put together full sets of armor here now of any mix of armors, with good hindrance values for storebought, and cheaply. Player made armor is the next upgrade to these, and most other storebought armor is significantly worse. (I'm looking at you Shard leathers.) I usually just skip straight to player crafted lumium armor when upgrading from these.

Migrym's Weapons - Parry sticks and all weapon types are now covered here and are all very good storebought quality. Player made steel weapons is the next upgrade to these.
General Store (backroom) - weapon straps for any milgrym weapons that don't fit in your backpack.

Tobb's Smithy (Knife clan) - The worn skinning knife is the real reason to go to this shop. The weapons are okay, but all light edge and you can get equivalent options from Milgrym's anyway.

Brigetta's Tanned Goods (Wolf Clan) - Good storebought containers. I usually get the backpack, haversack and satchel. The only wish I have for this shop is that the harness was larger like the baldric from the Feltery north of Boar Clan.
Re: cost of items 06/15/2019 12:39 AM CDT
Some of the player shops have good weapons and armor for relatively affordable prices. Like 10-20 plat for good steel weapons and so forth.