Rooms can fill with junk quickly 01/24/2017 12:37 PM CST

It's pretty easy to fill a room with junk while training (especially Locksmithing) if the room doesn't have a bin or bucket. Would it be possible for players to get a way to place a bin/bucket in a room?

I know 'dump junk' exists, but it's mostly reactive (i.e. I notice the room is full and then realized I need to call the janitor), whereas a bin/bucket keeps the room clean as you're training. The janitor also has a 5 minutes cooldown, which is plenty long enough to fill up the room again (especially Locksmithing).

I'm pretty flexible on cost, duration, etc. I'm mostly interested in a way to help keep rooms uncluttered.
Re: Rooms can fill with junk quickly 01/24/2017 01:54 PM CST
Moon mages can make a devourer enchantment (until Craft Enchanting launches - no idea if there'll be a Craftable devourer enchantment). It's basically a mobile trash eater. If you pop boxes in a room with portals or a small zone where it doesn't have much room to roam you can pop boxes, drop the devourer and let it munch down on junk. If you pop boxes in a room with many cardinal exits connected to many rooms, a devourer isn't very effective.
Re: Rooms can fill with junk quickly 01/24/2017 01:55 PM CST
>>I'm pretty flexible on cost

Every so often "goat pins" are quest prizes that essentially function as mobile gelapods.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Item:Smoky_glass_pin_shaped_like_a_miniature_goat
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Item:Wooden_pin_with_a_silver_goat_charm_suspended_within
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Item:Small_white_goat_pin_surrounded_by_a_cage_of_woven_twigs

Alternatively, it wouldn't be the worst idea to have a self-activating compost device sold somewhere. Runes exist but that leaves out the NMUs.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Rooms can fill with junk quickly 01/24/2017 02:24 PM CST

people don't even use the junk buckets in the rooms they are in most of the time. compost runes are easy to find though and not cool down if you can cast it.
Re: Rooms can fill with junk quickly 01/24/2017 02:44 PM CST

I didn't include runes because, as Tev said, that excludes NMUs (and I generally play barb or thief). I'm also unfamiliar with how runes and Sorcery interact - is there potential for a backfire and/or justice issues?

The pins look interesting, but 1) they're gated by quests; and 2) they appear to be self only? I was envisioning something that multiple people in a room could use. I love the idea of a player- or self-activating compost device!
Re: Rooms can fill with junk quickly 01/24/2017 05:12 PM CST
Not sure if you mean from herbs and junk in the boxes or the boxes themselves. But you can DISMANTLE the boxes if that is part of your issue. There are some fun ones for guilds and races. If you knew this and its just the junk disregard.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Dismantle_command

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Rooms can fill with junk quickly 01/24/2017 08:34 PM CST
Goat pins are very picky about what they will eat. I'm not sure they'd be a viable solution for this particular problem.
Re: Rooms can fill with junk quickly 01/25/2017 01:11 AM CST

Hells yes! Thank you for this! I've been hanging out in empty rooms to pick boxes, then carrying the boxes four at a time (put 2 boxes in 2 other boxes) to a bucket and dumping them in. Can be obnoxious, but so is leaving boxes laying around. Now I'm a happy cat!
Re: Rooms can fill with junk quickly 01/25/2017 06:25 AM CST
You're welcome.

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!
Re: Rooms can fill with junk quickly 01/26/2017 02:06 PM CST

Thank you for mentioning dismantle, it's definitely helpful in this situation. My problem with Locksmithing, however, is trap parts, herbs, junk, etc.
Re: Rooms can fill with junk quickly 01/26/2017 04:11 PM CST
If you aren't a thief you can pawn trap parts. If you are a thief you can get a trap part pouch a few ways that work like gem pouches. I think they only hold like 30 parts though. I haven't played a thief in years so I forget. Or find a thief to sell the parts the thief way for you and make additional coin from your boxes if a non-thief.

Pretty sure the way to get them is considered 'secret' though so you'd have to figure it out or find someone willing to help.