Ring syntax 04/12/2016 02:14 PM CDT
Why are rings specifically so frustrating? I have always had constant issues trying to specific a certain ring, especially albredine, they seem to be so much worse than all other items.

You also see a young forest gryphon, a young forest gryphon, a fledgling forest gryphon, an albredine crystal ring, a fledgling forest gryphon and some junk.

R> stow alb ring
Stow what? Type 'STOW HELP' for details.

> stow alb ring

R> stow cry ring
But that is already in your inventory.

> stow albredine ring

R> stow ring

R> stow crystal ring

R> stow second crystal ring

R> stow third ring

R> stow fourth ring

R> stow fifth ring

R> stow fifth ring

stow sixth ring
Re: Ring syntax 04/12/2016 02:22 PM CDT
Not sure why this is a Paladin complaint, but, ok.

I have this happen to me regularly. It's not the ring, it's the parser taking a cliff dive. It seems to be that if the loot system generates an item, and that item shares the noun of an item you are wearing, the parser doesn't understand what to do.

If you type 'get ring', it should pick up the one on the ground. Possibly other ring. You can now interact with it, and stow left/right (as appropriate).

This happens to me with pouches of pellets all the time.
Re: Ring syntax 04/12/2016 02:26 PM CDT
Making albredine any noun other than a ring would help immensely. And completely separate nouns for colored/colorless albredine vs albredine crystal.

You also see a young forest gryphon, a young forest gryphon, a fledgling forest gryphon, an albredine crystal bauble, a colorless albredine medallion, a fledgling forest gryphon and some junk.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Ring syntax 04/12/2016 02:39 PM CDT

I didn't realize I was in the paladin folder, if a moderator could move this to general complaints?
Re: Ring syntax 04/12/2016 03:01 PM CDT
Well, hey, while this is here... Soulstone bands (I think rings, too) can't be used to check soul pool (exhale verb) while worn for some reason. It works fine on other soulstone jewelry, like amulets. Can that be looked into, pretty please?

Here's an example:

rub band
You rub the band...

It gleams brightly with a pristine luminescence!

> exh band
But you aren't holding that!

> remove band

You slide a glaes band crowned with a crow carrying a soulstone off your finger.
> exh band
You breathe softly on the band...

It pulses rapidly with an inner light!
Re: Ring syntax 04/12/2016 05:03 PM CDT

Can't exhale on my soulstone pin while worn either, but can rub
Posts moved 04/12/2016 09:47 PM CDT
Some posts were relocated here from the Paladin folders.

Reminder, if you're having problems with an item, you may want to place a bug report about it while holding the item that's having issues.

Aneka
DragonRealms Board Monitor

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Aneka@play.net, Senior Board Monitor Helje at DR-Helje@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl DR-Annwyl@play.net.