To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. 02/20/2016 06:34 PM CST

I imagine after I fell asleep at my desk and died to a creature, and auto departed, you'd go back to the temple and drag me/include me in your group and let me die again, hoping i'd run out of favors so i'd leave a grave. I guess you got tired of trying so you turned me in. 14 favors left. Pity i lost my classic Greataxe to you thugs.
Re: To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. 02/20/2016 07:11 PM CST
Don't afk script.
Re: To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. 02/20/2016 07:24 PM CST
This sucks for you.

One suggestion is to make sure the log out timer is set to 5 minutes, and that your scripts don't cycle without your input.

If you code an infinite (or nearly) loop, this is the risk you run.
Re: To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. 02/20/2016 11:33 PM CST

>>Don't afk script.

Who said I afk scripted? Something wrong with a script that "looks" every 60 seconds to keep me in game?

Or is that an admission.

When responding to something, make sure you have the facts. Otherwise you are just wasting time. -sig-
Re: To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. 02/20/2016 11:38 PM CST
>>Something wrong with a script that "looks" every 60 seconds to keep me in game?

Other than it getting you killed a few times?

It's safe for anyone reading the thread to assume that if you died to a critter, unless there was an invasion happening you died in a hunting area. And, if you fell asleep at your desk while in a hunting area, that counts as afk scripting, even if you didn't intend it to happen.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. 02/20/2016 11:41 PM CST

Or, say, if someone dragged me, or added me to their group and walked me there. Then it'd be punishable harassment.

When responding to something, make sure you have the facts. Otherwise you are just wasting time. -sig-
Re: To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. 02/21/2016 12:25 AM CST
>>Or, say, if someone dragged me, or added me to their group and walked me there. Then it'd be punishable harassment.

You should assist about that.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. 02/21/2016 12:35 AM CST

Too far and gone for that. Life goes on, and the forum was merely a means to vent at someone using dirty tricks. C'est la vie.

Re: To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. 02/21/2016 12:45 AM CST
>>Syraken: Who said I afk scripted? Something wrong with a script that "looks" every 60 seconds to keep me in game?

If you are idling while AFK, I strongly recommend that you go to a safe place (ideally a locked room), enter sleep mode, and turn on avoids. It will prevent you from getting killed by an unexpected creature and prevent others from messing with you.

See this link for best practices: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Idle_experience_drain

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Paladins: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Paladin_new_player_guide

Armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. 02/21/2016 12:48 AM CST

Thank you Isharon. In this instance though, I succumbed to exhaustion and went to sleep in my chair when i didn't mean to. Late night working and MUDding don't mix well i guess, lol~

Re: To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. 02/21/2016 12:51 AM CST
>>Too far and gone for that.

Unless it was days ago, that's not really the case. But I won't twist your arm to talk to a GM about it.

Re: To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. 02/21/2016 12:55 AM CST
>>Syraken: Thank you Isharon. In this instance though, I succumbed to exhaustion and went to sleep in my chair when i didn't mean to. Late night working and MUDding don't mix well i guess, lol~

In that case, I would recommend not using an infinitely looping "connection" script except when idling in a safe room. Without any intervention on your end, you will automatically disconnect from the game. (I actually use FLAG INACTIVITY OFF as a safety feature. If I'm not sending any commands to the game, then I've either lost my Internet connection or gotten distracted; in both cases I would like the game to log me out.)

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

sortable list of all Trader-owned shops and inventory: http://www.elanthia.org/TraderShops/

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide
Re: To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. 02/21/2016 01:01 AM CST

I'd forgotten all about flag, thanks!

Re: To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. 02/21/2016 01:50 AM CST
A script that made you "look" every 60 seconds while in combat area, is indeed a afk script. You would be gaining experience while you were not at the keyboard. That script is what got you graverobbed. I came to that conclusion because pretty much nobody dies to a critter, and autodeparts without logging off first, unless they have a script to keep them online. Then you admitted you had a 60 second look script up, while you got killed by a critter. So unless it was in an invasion, which I guess it could have been, you really have no room to gripe.
Re: To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. 02/21/2016 02:32 AM CST

>>Or, say, if someone dragged me, or added me to their group and walked me there

This

Re: To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. 02/21/2016 06:29 AM CST
Do you have a log of this?

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: To those guys who tried to rob me, I hope you get yours. ::THREAD OVER:: 02/21/2016 10:15 AM CST

This is not the conflict folder.

Further posts like this belong in the OOC conflicts folder over in Social Side.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.