Watch out for that first step, it's a doozy! 04/19/2014 10:03 PM CDT
I'm sure someone can guess what this post is referring to.

I failed a teleportation trap earlier and wound up in the Colosseum - A place I haven't been to in quite some time, so I wasn't entirely familiar with the surroundings. I want to say "I thought I'd explore a bit", but that's not true. I didn't even get a chance to do that since moving killed me instantly.

>
The floor beneath you gives way, sending you crashing to...
[Colosseum Ruins, Northern Tier]
The brick and mortar barricades that partition the various seating areas have collapsed, allowing access directly to the shattered top of the arena wall. Hung overhead are a multitude of tattered tapestries, obviously recent additions as there is no way something so fragile as cloth would have survived centuries of exposure and abandonment. You also see an Elothean alley thug and the top of the arena wall.
Obvious exits: southeast, west.
Your driftwood chest falls to the ground.

[Generic death scroll]

You have a ghastly bloated head with bleeding from the ears compounded by a pulpy stump for a head, a severely swollen and deeply bruised neck with bones protruding out from the skin compounded by a completely useless neck with nearly all flesh and bone torn away, a severely swollen and shattered right arm which appears completely useless compounded by an ugly stump for a right arm, a severely swollen and deeply bruised left arm with bones protruding out from the skin compounded by an ugly stump for a left arm, faint scuffing to the chest, a severely swollen back with a shattered spinal cord compounded by a shattered back with gaping wounds.

You are bleeding with widespread discoloration in the head, with widespread discoloration and rigidity in the back, like a gushing fountain from the back, with serious rigidity, discoloration and a pulsing sensation in the right arm, beyond measure from the right arm, with widespread discoloration and rigidity in the left arm, massively from the left arm, with widespread discoloration and rigidity in the neck and severely from the neck.

Exactly how far of a fall is it supposed to be? I mean...it'd have caused less injury to have been flat-out disintegrated by the trap. Considering how getting dropped by flying creatures or falling off cliffs and mine shafts cause notably less injury, this seems like it could use a second glance?
Re: Watch out for that first step, it's a doozy! 04/20/2014 01:18 AM CDT
Rigby was an evil fellow. If I recall it's about a 5 story drop.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose