FA & COMBAT 10/12/2013 01:34 PM CDT
Is the practice of maintaining pet bleeders still frowned upon? I ask because my Ranger in TF is currently maintaining 2-3 of them for the purposes of training his lowest survival req (as opposed to stealing or locksmithing which are equally difficult & obnoxious to train), and it seems like creatures that he FAR outclasses are able to miraculously land AMAZING hits to EXACTLY the bleeding areas - on a far more frequent basis than seems even REMOTELY possible given his skill level & the creatures he is hunting.

OVER 1200 EVASION
OVER 880 SHIELD
OVER 870 PARRY
99 REFLEX & AGILITY
25 MANA CS RUNNING ENTIRE TIME
STANCED 100% EVASION & 96% SHIELD & 0% PARRY

Stunned out on a regular basis by Zombie Maulers. COME ON. They don't even come CLOSE to touching me with dry wounds. I mean, I can understand if headsplitters can get through my shield on a random roll - but MAULERS? No. Even my lowest defense outclasses their cap by over 200 ranks.

Is there really THAT dramatic a penalty to bleeding wounds that a creature that caps at less than HALF of my evasion ranks can hit me SO HARD it stuns me & worsens my bleeder? Or is this practice so vehemently opposed by DEV that this drawback is intended?

Is there any other way to train FA besides mindlessly studying compendiums 15 hours a day?

Thanks for reading -

- Kart / Rhoat
Re: FA & COMBAT 10/12/2013 05:51 PM CDT
As far as getting hit by something much lower than you, that's just 3.0 at work, every attack has a chance to land.

That in of itself isn't really a problem until you look at the known issue/bug/oversight that if you get hit on a bleeder, you get stunned and get a matching internal wound every time.

If you get hit again, the wounds compound exponentially.

Pretty sure the answer from Kodius was: "not sure what we can do about it". Due to it being deep in the code, or something like that.

Moving on, I've always frowned on pet bleeders just cuz it seems silly, but they definitely are the only "true" way to train FA for most guilds.

Compendiums were never intended to be a good way to train FA. Some GM back in the day when compendiums were brand new even posted saying as much. As far as I know they are exactly the same as they were back then (hint hint nudge nudge).

So I would agree with you that effectively there is no way to train FA currently, and it continues to be the only skill in the game I do not train actively.

Hoping there's an update/change/fix/something someday, but Devs do have a lot on their plates, and the guilds that really need FA have a lot more access to it, so its probably super low priority right now.
Re: FA & COMBAT 10/30/2013 02:57 PM CDT
>>Compendiums were never intended to be a good way to train FA.

My Empath:
First Aid: 1437 10% enthralled (32/34)
Compendiums are the only way I have trained it.
Compendiums are the only way to train it at this point.

Re: FA & COMBAT 10/31/2013 11:40 AM CDT

>My Empath
Re: FA & COMBAT 10/31/2013 12:20 PM CDT
>My Empath

I'm not sure what your quote is implying? Do Empaths get some bonus to FA experience by reading compendiums that no other guild gets or something?

It seems a pretty fair response to >Compendiums were never intended to be a good way to train FA.

Especially since he's taken FA to 1400 solely on compendiums.