Accuse abuse 03/30/2013 02:36 AM CDT
Thanks for the unlimited respec. Anyone can respec for charisma and accuse anyone of necromancy. It has happened, it is happening, and will continue to happen thanks to this terrible mechanic.

On another note, accuse necromancy is one of the worst abuse mechanics ever made. It steals from pvp closed players and gives to whomever can pull off the accuse. Burn the islands down!
Re: Accuse abuse 03/30/2013 09:56 AM CDT
>>Thanks for the unlimited respec.

Yeah, that should go away
Re: Accuse abuse 03/30/2013 11:03 AM CDT
We brought up accuse on the necroboards citing that you PvP: Closed players were abusing it on necromancers just because it offers them immunity to insta-purge people. Now you cannot be insta-purged you got messaging when you were accused all you have to do is stay outta town till you get the "heat dies down" message and your good to get first accuse message again afaik.

The respec thing may need looked at I agree. Other than that I hold NO sympathy for anyone crying about accuse in its current state. Its been said they may do more with it in the future but as someone who gets accused ALOT w/o the insta-purge its entirely managable now. If your getting purged your now heeding the warning given.

"Burn him! Burn him!" You hear the cries echo around you as everyone in the vicinity suddenly moves away, giving you a wide berth! It goes without saying you'll be wanted for forbidden practices in The Rakash Village.
Re: Accuse abuse 03/30/2013 11:11 AM CDT
Double post sorry! (now=not ^)

If you are getting accused there are a number of IC reasons for people to do this to you. Its been said that the hounds are radical offshoots of the inquisition just as likely to kill innocents as to kill necromancers right? So it stands to reason that if you hide behind PvP: Closed and tick someone off they might let slip to the right ears something that could have you taken care of. Or, Perhaps you took questionable actions? Maybe they need to draw heat off themselves? There are a great many reasons to RP this out.

I asked specifically to only allow PvP: Open people to use this mechanic for a reason. And my reason seems to be getting validated more and more judging by the reactions of non-necros getting a taste of this mechanic and crying PvP: Closed to boot.

"Burn him! Burn him!" You hear the cries echo around you as everyone in the vicinity suddenly moves away, giving you a wide berth! It goes without saying you'll be wanted for forbidden practices in The Rakash Village.
Re: Accuse abuse 03/30/2013 11:19 AM CDT

Yeah, if you are healing necromancers in town or running around talking about wanting to buy necromancy scrolls someone is gonna accuse you. There are plenty of reason for someone who is not a necromancer to build SO in town that is not a necromancer.
Re: Accuse abuse 03/30/2013 12:41 PM CDT
Socharis mentioned if abuse cases were happening respect, it would be dealt with.

Curiously, how do you know this is happening? A lot of accuses are auto-success if SO is high enough.
Re: Accuse abuse 03/30/2013 02:16 PM CDT
>On another note, accuse necromancy is one of the worst abuse mechanics ever made. It steals from pvp closed players and gives to whomever can pull off the accuse.

I am also for giving a skill/stat check to 'overhear' who accused and grant consent based on the success of the contest. That way you don't HAVE to be open to have it work yet the person accused has the shot to get even should they so choose.
Sidenote: This would also cut back on frivolous use of the mechanic.

Re: Accuse abuse 03/30/2013 02:47 PM CDT
The bug with respec allowing multi use has been addressed.

I recommend reading Help Outrage in game for all your outrage and corruption needs.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Accuse abuse 03/30/2013 02:54 PM CDT
I really feel like assuming people were padding stats and abusing stat respec was just how someone thought to rage because they couldn't take the SO/SC mechanics in stride.

>I recommend reading Help Outrage in game for all your outrage and corruption needs.

R> help outrage
>
HELP OUTRAGE

There are two kinds of Outrage that Necromancers can attain: Social and Divine.

Outrage is generally used to determine a Necromancer's relative position to the Perversion State of Being. (To read more about States of Being, please view the link at the bottom of HELP OUTRAGE 3.) These meters are not intended to be exacting, and they will gradually decay while you are logged in.

While Outrage only affects Necromancers, lesser versions of Social Outrage and Divine Outrage can affect non-Necromaners. These are referred to as Social Corruption and Divine Corruption. Each of these conditions is time-based.

There's also a specific kind of corruption that Moon Mages can attain that will disrupt their abilities. This is called Teleologic Corruption.

To read about Social Outrage, type HELP OUTRAGE 1
To read about Social Corruption, type HELP OUTRAGE 2
To read about Divine Outrage, type HELP OUTRAGE 3
To read about Teleologic Corruption, type HELP OUTRAGE 4

Re: Accuse abuse 04/02/2013 09:28 AM CDT
>>Thanks for the unlimited respec. Anyone can respec for charisma and accuse anyone of necromancy. It has happened, it is happening, and will continue to happen thanks to this terrible mechanic.

On another note, accuse necromancy is one of the worst abuse mechanics ever made. It steals from pvp closed players and gives to whomever can pull off the accuse. Burn the islands down

I know it's hard, but did you ever stop and think maybe someone was able to do that without having to completely change their stats to just pick on little helpless poor you?

It steals from pvp closed players? Meaning you were actually given a oppurtunity to play something out, but instead decided to complain about a in game system because it forced you out of your comfort zone?

Signing up for DR should definatly come with a box of tissues now.

- Erixx
Re: Accuse abuse 05/05/2013 11:02 PM CDT
<<It steals from pvp closed players? Meaning you were actually given a oppurtunity to play something out, but instead decided to complain about a in game system because it forced you out of your comfort zone?>>

Just because pvp was closed at the time does not mean there was ever an altercation.

<<I know it's hard, but did you ever stop and think maybe someone was able to do that without having to completely change their stats to just pick on little helpless poor you?>>

Again, it is a bad mechanic. It overwrites the ability of players to engage in active combat with other players and worse. The mechanic locks players out of town, raises the timer when you are caught, and takes money from banks.
Re: Accuse abuse 05/06/2013 07:15 AM CDT
Stop replying to month old posts please.

Pants.