*RIBBIT* 02/25/2010 08:05 PM CST
Greetings!

Intrepid adventurers may notice the emergence of a steep grass-covered hill just southwest of the Ankis Dir Observatory in Bosque Deriel. One only need to venture past Leth Deriel's Durmast Bower Gate to find the hill and, subsequently, the stream that leads to the White Laurel, home of the treehopper toads. An Elven scout guards the stream, and he will provide limited answers to questions about the area and its inhabitants should you inquire. Be aware: the toads are not an easy foe, so be on your toes. They like to practice their ninja skills. Fair warning!

Those with a particular interest in alchemy might find the toads to their liking, if you catch my drift. ;)

I extend my heartfelt appreciation to GM Ziyero for helping with the more murderous details (especially since he dove head-first into the substance system on my behalf). Many thanks go to GM Lohkrian for the speedy QC. You guys rock! I'd also like to note that the area and creature were the brainchild of GM Equity, and I merely finished her work to make her idea a reality as best I could.

Please let me know if you notice any weirdness with the toads or the new White Laurel area, and we'll try to address them ASAP.

Happy dieing, I mean hunting!

-- GM Tiesse

P.S. -- This is now live in all instances.

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: *RIBBIT* 02/25/2010 08:08 PM CST
Yaaaay more highish level hunting in Zoluren!

I'd pin these at about bristleback level, incidentally. They give you cyanide poisoning (which can put you on your knees) and can hop from missile to melee.

Not sure if that skill range is quite right but that seemed to be it. I could handle one or two but four tore me up really quickly.

Rev. Reene

Kssarh says, "She has many talents."
>
Kssarh says, "Some of which can be discussed in public."
Re: *RIBBIT* 02/25/2010 08:11 PM CST
Sorry, forgot to add this in the original post...

This is a hunting area primarily for Estate Holders, as anyone who consults with the Elven scout will find out. However, he is willing to let others in if they are grouped with an Estate Holder.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: *RIBBIT* 02/25/2010 08:15 PM CST
> bristleback level

perfect, yay!

>This is a hunting area primarily for Estate Holders,

noo!! why the week after my premie subscription ended!!
Re: *RIBBIT* 02/25/2010 08:16 PM CST
How well do they swarm?

"That's how I knew who you were. You were always like "Blah blah blah I'm a Barbarian oh-my-god." -my gf
Re: *RIBBIT* 02/25/2010 08:38 PM CST
400-415 defenses has me 34/34, 490ish evasion/tm I'm at 0/34 and 450ish hiding/stalking is learning nicely as well.

As far as swarm goes, I've constantly had 4 in my room.

Necromancy brings out the Stupid in us all. -Armifer