Bloodvines 12/03/2009 01:12 AM CST
I know Elanthipedia says they start at about 100 ranks but considering their massive swarm, what would people suggest starting these out with defense wise?

>bluff silv
You realize you have no idea how to bluff an unintelligent beast like the Leader Silvyrfrost.
Re: Bloodvines 12/03/2009 01:15 AM CST
<<I know Elanthipedia says they start at about 100 ranks but considering their massive swarm, what would people suggest starting these out with defense wise?

I was doing them at 120-130ish with a quiet Harmony and liberal use of DMRS.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: Bloodvines 12/03/2009 07:32 AM CST
If you're a solo hunter, you can probably handle them around 100 ranks, since the spawn isn't necessarily as high. Otherwise, just make sure an empath is around. With the exception of building up a lot of poison from lodged thorns, their hits aren't usually terribly strong.

Moon Mages who get hit with HULP should indulge in their Survival Secondary side and run away.

-Armifer
Re: Bloodvines 12/03/2009 07:51 AM CST
>>If you're a solo hunter, you can probably handle them around 100 ranks, since the spawn isn't necessarily as high. Otherwise, just make sure an empath is around. With the exception of building up a lot of poison from lodged thorns, their hits aren't usually terribly strong.

Pretty much this. Going into blood vines early is like giong into sprites early. You might get hit a lot but they're light hits so you have plenty of time to scram and get healed if you get really beat up.