Grass eels in Ilithi 08/26/2007 12:24 PM CDT
My young trader character is thinking of spending some time in the Shard area. I noticed on some maps that there is are grass eels to hunt west of Shard; what are some of the pros and cons to this area? I noticed they're right next to pards and such (quite a threat to me, I would think), and I was wondering if the eel area was separate from the other, nastier beasts of the area?

Player of Kardlo
Re: Grass eels in Ilithi 08/26/2007 02:14 PM CDT
They are separate, yes. It's easy to stray into the harder areas, though.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Grass eels in Ilithi 08/26/2007 02:57 PM CDT
They're not exactly separate -- pards sometimes wander in to the eels area, but only very rarely. Basically, you won't generate pards if you stay in the eel area, from what I remember, so you only really have to worry about pards if someone is actually hunting and generating pards in the pards area. Which, during the month or two that my commoner hunted in down there, only happened once. She was never killed by any of the pards.

It's a great area -- somewhat bigger than the eels area up in Crossing. It also has a nice swimming stream and a climbing stone, for training foraging (fishing), climbing and swimming.

HR>eat trench
The Empath Guild Leader has determined that consuming a deep trench may be hazardous to your health.
Re: Grass eels in Ilithi 08/27/2007 08:22 AM CDT
Also the gen for the eels in Shard is much more than the ones in Crossings. Normally you can get 5 or 6 eels on you at once, especially if you stay in the room right by the stream.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

-At the cleric meeting-
DARTENIAN says, "I think we all need to get down and pray for bit-based experience."
>DARTENIAN clears his throat.