Forest bandits in Ilaya Taipa 02/10/2007 04:12 PM CST
I'm in the Pinemast Forest near Ilaya Taipa where there are reportedly supposed to be "forest bandits". However, I've been here about 15 minutes and have yet to see a single forest bandit. Am I just misguided or is something wrong here?

Kraelyst the Hand

"The day is for honest men, the night for thieves."
-- Euripides

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
Re: Forest bandits in Ilaya Taipa 02/10/2007 04:19 PM CST
They were apparently broken and taken out a day or two after the province opened. It has been said they will return...soon probably.
Re: Forest bandits in Ilaya Taipa 02/10/2007 04:22 PM CST
I think the forest bandits are on holiday. There was something wrong with them so they got yanked. I could be wrong though.

Calissa's player
Re: Forest bandits in Ilaya Taipa 02/10/2007 05:49 PM CST
Well, I like to think of them as participants in an intensive testing system to uncover heretofore undisclosed problems in the magic system. When I told Dartenian that I regarded them that way, he just glared at me, though.

The forest bandits, a band of renegade rangers, have retreated to their hidden lair for the moment. Once I c/o/n/persuade someone into revamping their spellcasting and stealthy qualities, they'll be back... and their little dogs, too! I don't know how long that'll take, though. While they made it through QC originally, in the big push for P5, they didn't get enough testing to uncover the problem. I've asked SGM Ssra to find me a minion to make them work properly for me. :)

-Linda / Danalae
Re: Forest bandits in Ilaya Taipa 02/10/2007 07:34 PM CST
Thanks for all the quick answers, everyone, and especially you Danalae.

Kraelyst the Hand

"The day is for honest men, the night for thieves."
-- Euripides

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
Re: Forest bandits in Ilaya Taipa 02/11/2007 12:35 PM CST
Thanks for the answer Danalae! I've looked forward to getting a swing at them...
Re: Forest bandits in Ilaya Taipa 04/19/2008 11:18 AM CDT
I decided to visit the area... I take it they still are not fixed eh?
Re: Forest bandits in Ilaya Taipa 04/20/2008 10:23 AM CDT
Newp. And for the record, they were yanked HOURS after P5 opened. I was there with some big moonie watchin him kill 'em as they hopelessly outclassed me. Heh
Re: Forest bandits in Ilaya Taipa 04/20/2008 09:07 PM CDT
why were the forest bandits yanked?

Wanderer Larze

Movies count because they are based on real life which imitates art which then gets spoofed by bad art which then is imitated by real life and gave us the state of Florida. - GODKIN
Re: Forest bandits in Ilaya Taipa 04/20/2008 09:30 PM CDT
Like most P5 critters, they probably originally came from/were based on an invasion critter (which have insane stats and often have even insaner special abilities). Those seen in P5 were supposed to be edited down to more tolerable/reasonable levels, but in many cases the process was left incomplete such that the critter had normal stats and insaner-than-insane special attack.

Another common cause is that something about them was causing the game to crash. As they couldn't immediately fix it, they opted for extermination.

Personally, I think the stormbulls were jealous and went on a genocidal rampage when we weren't looking. The clan isn't that big, so they probably could even see them across town. Plus, they're River Elves--most of them probably weren't even on land to notice the bulls were running.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Forest bandits in Ilaya Taipa 04/30/2008 07:40 PM CDT
Actually, the problem with the forest bandits was with the magic system. Trust me, nobody wants me messing with magic.

-Linda / Danalae
Re: Forest bandits in Ilaya Taipa 04/30/2008 10:31 PM CDT
>>Trust me, nobody wants me messing with magic.

Why not? Gotta learn someday. Besides, if you stick with a 1st-tier spell the damage is minimal (they're mostly vanilla, after all).

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Forest bandits in Ilaya Taipa 05/01/2008 04:10 AM CDT
<<Actually, the problem with the forest bandits was with the magic system. Trust me, nobody wants me messing with magic>>

Weren't they using ranger spells, which no longer do damage, unless there was a problem in general.

"So like I said, don't take it personally. All cultures have their share of fools. It's just that we always felt yours had a lot more than ours."
~~Warrior Mage Guild Leader Senfrislor, The Prydaen in Their Own Words~~
Re: Forest bandits in Ilaya Taipa 01/20/2009 01:26 AM CST
bandits ever show up?