Looking for Slai Screamers and Supple Firecats 04/02/2006 05:48 PM CDT
Alright, I am too old to be asking for directions, but I rarely have ever hunted in Zoluren....

As the title suggests, I have been looking for critters around the range of Orc Reivers and such. I can find the slai scouts, but no other part of that area, and cannot figure out how to get into the gate of lost souls. Any hints appreciated.

Harshon, player of
Re: Looking for Slai Screamers and Supple Firecats 04/02/2006 06:03 PM CDT
If you use Ranik's maps you shouldn't have any problem getting completely through both those ares. For the Gate of Souls push the boulder in the middle of Skeleton's Crook then go through the gap. Then go all the way south through the lava area and the temple and climb the cliff on the other side. I believe that's where the supple firecats are.

"The day is for honest men, the night for thieves."
-- Euripides
Re: Looking for Slai Screamers and Supple Firecats 04/02/2006 09:25 PM CDT
Just remember if you die in the gate of souls, only way out is a Moon Mage coming in there to gate you out, beams can't be shifted in. In other words, really really bad place to die.
Re: Looking for Slai Screamers and Supple Firecats 04/03/2006 10:37 AM CDT
The screamers are in Sorrow's reach along with the regular slai. However, they tend to hide until they're ready to ambush you. Just listen for the angry chittering sounds!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Looking for Slai Screamers and Supple Firecats 04/03/2006 06:37 PM CDT
Not entirely sure that's true anymore, I vaguely recall something about screamers being removed because of the houses around there. Then again, I could be completely wrong, as usual.

Caraamon Majerye,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Looking for Slai Screamers and Supple Firecats 04/03/2006 06:50 PM CDT
Yep, definitely wrong. About a dozen of them gang-ambushed me in that little halfling-burrow thing in there. It was more impressive than my Exploding Empath routine, very reminiscent of one of Bubba's April Fool's Day pranks except that it was real.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Looking for Slai Screamers and Supple Firecats 04/12/2006 11:05 AM CDT
>they tend to hide until they're ready to ambush you. Just listen for the angry chittering sounds!

Thank you all. I teased firecats in the Gate and that seems a good place. I must not have stood still in one place long enough to see any screamers. Got tired of scouts running away form me. I will try them later. I am trying to find good targets for my lovely wifes spells. So she stops aiming at me. :)

Harshon, player of
Re: Looking for Slai Screamers and Supple Firecats 04/12/2006 03:15 PM CDT
Do the screamers generate separately from the scouts? Seemed to me that the scouts I stuck around with gave out a yell and eventually the screamers appeared.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Looking for Slai Screamers and Supple Firecats 04/13/2006 09:05 AM CDT
>>Do the screamers generate separately from the scouts? Seemed to me that the scouts I stuck around with gave out a yell and eventually the screamers appeared.

Hmm- how to explain this...

The screamers more or less became 'permament' during the war of Sorrow, and generally they do show up eventually when the scouts scream for help.

They usually gen like that, but sometimes they show up independantly. There is an oak tree in the Reach that is pretty much a peace zone, and I have seen them there. I took advantage of the opportunity to appraise them. It made me glad that the things couldn't get me there!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy