Old question... 03/04/2006 12:14 AM CST

Hello.

I just got done reading this entire forum and found it quite interesting. I was looking for the place to post some questions bout bloodworms up in crocs and I think I found it.

Anyhow, does anyone know the skills required to tend them wormds. I'm only asking because I had done a rescue mission in there just recently and was very nervous about the worms. I only went because an empath said they could go with me. Ironically, said empath wasn't able to tend the worms themselves I believe they said. I'm pretty sure that was the case cause the empath asked me to tend the ones on him.

Well, thankfully I was able to get the fallen out of the swamp and no one else died. I really wasn't expecting as good of an outcome as we had. But here is the odd part. I only have 42 ranks in first aid. Yet I was able to tend say maybe 3 worms that showed up. Not all on the first try but I did get them off. I just found that really odd. I thought you need 100+ ranks to tend them things.

Not sure if this matters but I saw in other posts that skinning and mech lore is involved in the process? Maybe that is what saved me? I have 95 ranks or so in skinning and 120+ ranks in mech lore. Anyhow just curious what anyone thinks.

Thanks.

P.S. Paladin, survival tert.
Re: Old question... 03/04/2006 07:35 AM CST
That is strange: I would have thought that the empath would be better at tending, as they have a bonus. Unless the said empath was loaded with wounds and scars. Were the worms you tended off engorged by any chance? I've heard those fall off more easily.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Old question... 03/04/2006 12:11 PM CST
When they become engorged, seemed to me they would always drop off. It was rather surprising when I heard one belch, and disgusting when he left a tip.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Old question... 03/04/2006 12:17 PM CST
Oh, yeah, the reqs. Based on what I know, you need around 50-60ish with empaths being a little less than that. I THINK Symphaena has around 100 in FA and she's able to tend them all off on first try. I haven't tried any other critter, because it seems that blood critter in the area = non-blood critter for them to harass when players aren't around.

Oh, you think we may one day be able to tend blood critters off of non-critters as well? Or at least those manipulated or otherwise subdued?

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Old question... 03/04/2006 03:26 PM CST

Ryeka's question:

I believe they were engorged. I honestly don't know much about the worms. I mean I figured I had some on me when I saw my vitality dropping but I didn't see anything on my health. So I didn't even know they could be tended at that point. If they can be tended before they can be seen on you, I certainly don't know how to do it.

However, they did get to the point where I was able to check my health and see them on me. That was the point that I tended them off. I mean, if I can't see something how can I tend it? Does a certain skill allow one to see the bloodworms sooner? Say if I have 100 first aid I can see the bugger on me before it is engorged?

All in all, it isn't too much of a big deal for me cause it isn't likely a spot where I would ever go hunting. I'm pretty sure I could handle crocs now, not certain, but by the time I really could deal with the worms I'd imagine I'd be out of the range. Guess I just wanted to know in case I ever had to do another rescue in there.

Many thanks.

8)
Re: Old question... 03/04/2006 03:55 PM CST
There's a skillcheck involved for seeing bloodcritters attached to yourself. If you see your fatigue/health dropping or get the "You feel a bit tired" type messages, spam the HEALTH verb until they show up. Might be kinda annoying, but it works. Oh, and just a note, sometimes it takes -alot- of the command repeated for them to show up.

-Vorgahf

The last time Mr. T went to McDonald's, Ronald McDonald greeted him. What occured next proved to be the most violent beating of a clown ever recorded in human history.
Re: Old question... 03/05/2006 05:41 PM CST
I don't think there is a major skill check that says after you have X skill in perception / FA you can see them on the first typing of HEALTH. I have over 500 percep and 200 FA and still have to spam it in order to see those bloodsuckers. I could be wrong and just need way more first aid, and if this is the case please let me know.
Re: Old question... 03/05/2006 05:47 PM CST
Skillcheck might have been the wrong term for me to use... let's just call it random chance, for lack of evidence of anything else. However, it does take alot more checks on average, for me to see them with my little barb than it did with my much higher circled one with greater appropriate skills. Take from that what you will.

-Vorgahf

The last time Mr. T went to McDonald's, Ronald McDonald greeted him. What occured next proved to be the most violent beating of a clown ever recorded in human history.