Prev_page Previous 1
Raven's Court 08/20/2008 12:08 AM CDT
Anyone point me towards some background? I tried on Elanthipedia but didn't find anything.

Or if it's short, just throw it up?

Red'

>>That whole anti-stud comment doesn't apply to just the boys here. Girl gamers are just as damaged-goods as the guy-gamers are, they're just a lot more emotionally fragile about the whole thing. ~LOFTONM1
Re: Raven's Court 08/20/2008 12:39 AM CDT
The building itself has been there for a long, long time. I used to hang out on the front lawn, and knocking on the door would cause a haughty butler to pop out and say "LOL@U SUCKER" more or less.

The front lawn isn't there anymore and that makes me sad :(

Rev. Reene

Mozzik says to Siltoth, "Ealuik to attend the wedding. Preferably dressed in a bow. And nothing else."
>
You say to Mozzik, "There's a word for what kind of mental defect you have and it's probably very long and hard to pronounce."
Re: Raven's Court 08/20/2008 01:08 AM CDT
What's it for? Just upper class hangout or something?

Red'

>>That whole anti-stud comment doesn't apply to just the boys here. Girl gamers are just as damaged-goods as the guy-gamers are, they're just a lot more emotionally fragile about the whole thing. ~LOFTONM1
Re: Raven's Court 08/20/2008 01:46 AM CDT
<<What's it for? Just upper class hangout or something?

Yup, its basically a private members club of sorts, some more than others.

-Evran
Re: Raven's Court 08/20/2008 08:06 AM CDT
its an exclusive type clubhouse, without the OOG exclusivity of the premium clubhouse.
If you head WEST after going in the door, you can find out exactly how you may join, the rates are lower or higher dependent upon charisma and a couple other factors <among them there is a special discount rate for traders>.

I would like to see more development of the club, make more facilities available for members - some expansion has been built - there is a kitchen area for food, I'd like the swimming area to actually have a swimming pool where members can use the facilities, swim laps, and maybe even learn a bit of swimming. <put in a diving board, etc> I would also like titles to become available for membership. You need not be a citizen of Zoluren to join Raven's Court - both Schvartz and Bags <my trader> who are Muspar'I <velakan> citizens are members.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Raven's Court 08/20/2008 11:39 AM CDT
Thanks!

Red'

Re: Raven's Court Art Design Contest -- OVER 08/26/2008 07:47 AM CDT
>Any chance we can get just a whee bit of clue on how many entries were submitted and\or anything about how the decision process is going to work?

Hi, sorry I'm a bit late in responding. There were just about 25 entries (though I'm pretty sure one of them was a joke, you know who you are). I've corralled a team of highly trained and opinionated art critics (aka some lovely GM volunteers) to help me choose the winners. I'll be announcing the results on September 1st!

>The winner gets a membership right? Or on the council or something? I'm all about art for art's sake...but 'finding' the piece of art counts as much as making it yourself right?

From my original post:

5. Prizes will be awarded to the top three entries. First prize will be a 'trustee' membership to the Court. Second prize will be a 'member' membership. Third prize will be an 'associate' membership.

As Gonif detailed in her post, you can talk to the clerk about the different types of VIP membership to get an idea of how long they last and how much they cost. There is also the strong possibility that even if your entry did not place in the top three, you might get to see it become part of the scenery.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: Raven's Court 08/26/2008 07:49 AM CDT
>I would like to see more development of the club, make more facilities available for members

As you've noticed already, the Raven's Court is in the process of expansion. It's safe to assume that this means more VIP-only areas sometime in the future.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: Raven's Court Art Design Contest -- OVER 08/27/2008 03:33 PM CDT
Thanks!
Re: Raven's Court Art Design Contest -- OVER 09/01/2008 12:35 PM CDT
<bounces>

Red'

Winning Entries for Raven's Court Art Design Contest 09/01/2008 05:59 PM CDT
Greetings, art aficionados!

First, let me start by saying thank you to everyone who submitted their item ideas. There was a broad range of styles and creativity represented, so much so that it was hard to whittle down the top three. We wound up with single first and second place winners with a three-way tie for third! Please help me congratulate the following people for their wonderful designs.

FIRST PLACE:

Mellisandre, for her exquisitely detailed mermaid sculpted from alabaster and jade (as of yet untitled).

SECOND PLACE:

Rault, for his "A Field Goblin Study" -- a wide cedar-framed triptych.

THIRD PLACE:

Belea, for her "Kertigen's Flight" -- an obsidian raven launching into flight carrying a massive trillion-cut diamond in its platinum beak.

Caelumia, for her "Heart of the Mountain" -- a massive icy-blue sapphire sphere with a brilliant flame-shaped inclusion.

Iliani, for her "The Panorama of Kerenhappuch's Skirt" -- a vividly stained lifesculpted e'erdream tableau displayed on a wide granite pedestal.

Honorable mentions go to Elryyk, Trarbolos, Gwenddolyn, Reaperscythe, Ysselt, Akudyn, and Sebastienne.

I will be in touch with the first/second/third place winners at some point to help them claim their prize. Remember, even if your name wasn't mentioned in this post, there's still a chance you still might see your design in game in the future. My gratitude and appreciation goes to everyone who participated in and judged this contest. The Raven's Court certainly has the means now to produce a world-class gallery thanks to your help!

-- GM Tiesse

Re: Winning Entries for Raven's Court Art Design Contest 09/02/2008 01:39 AM CDT
Congratulations to all the winners!
Re: Winning Entries for Raven's Court Art Design Contest 09/02/2008 09:45 AM CDT
Grats! If the winners read the forums I would love to see their entries.

Red'

Re: Winning Entries for Raven's Court Art Design Contest 09/02/2008 11:11 AM CDT
i'd like to see all the entries.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Winning Entries for Raven's Court Art Design Contest 09/02/2008 09:37 PM CDT
When will we be able to go view them? Will it easy to get access to the area where they will be displayed as a guest, or will it be limited to only exclusive members?

Gwenddolyn
Re: Winning Entries for Raven's Court Art Design Contest 09/02/2008 09:39 PM CDT
Will the history some of us submitted with them be included in the displays?

Rev. Reene

"But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of Fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars." -- Kain, Defiance
Re: Winning Entries for Raven's Court Art Design Contest 09/02/2008 10:59 PM CDT
>i'd like to see all the entries.

Some of them are rather long and need a bit of editing, so I'm going to hold off for now. If the winners want to post their entries, they're more than welcome to.

>When will we be able to go view them?

Well, as I'm sure most of you know, there are two big projects on the table that are taking priority right now. I unfortunately can't give you an accurate time estimate for when people might see the fruits of their labor.

>Will it easy to get access to the area where they will be displayed as a guest, or will it be limited to only exclusive members?

The gallery will be generally available to the public. However, I'm personally of the opinion that some pieces are nice enough to be placed in VIP only areas for the most exclusive patrons' viewing pleasure.

>Will the history some of us submitted with them be included in the displays?

I would like for this to be the case. Some submissions will need to be edited to make sure they make sense and fit into current in-game lore.

-- GM Tiesse

Re: Winning Entries for Raven's Court Art Design Contest 09/03/2008 02:43 AM CDT
I was amazed and astouded at the creativity of all you that won!

Brilliant job to each and everyone that won!!

I look forward to seeing the displays at Ravens Court.

Miv
Matriarch of the house of Shaylon; Emerald Knight; Mother so some Grandmother to many.
Re: Winning Entries for Raven's Court Art Design Contest 09/04/2008 02:50 AM CDT
Were the entries posted somewhere?

Red'

Raven's Court Expansions 09/10/2008 01:55 AM CDT
Greetings,

In an ongoing effort to provide more amenities for all patrons, the proprietors of the Raven's Court have opened up a few new spots for people to enjoy at their leisure. Nothing major at this point, but feel free to explore!

-- GM Tiesse

Re: Raven's Court Expansions 09/10/2008 06:06 AM CDT
Neat. Exactly the kind of reason I needed to go back down to Crossings. I can't wait to check it out.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Raven's Court Expansions 11/17/2008 08:51 PM CST
It's been awhile, and I imagine everyone has been busy with the festival, but any word on when we can expect to see the new art gallery open up?

Rev. Reene

Gylwyn says to you, "Heretics are often the finders of truth."
Re: Raven's Court Expansions 11/17/2008 09:20 PM CST
>It's been awhile, and I imagine everyone has been busy with the festival, but any word on when we can expect to see the new art gallery open up?

The walls are painted, the carpet is laid, the balustrades are polished, and the gaethzen orbs have been strategically placed to hover appropriately over each presentation.

The curator has successfully acquired a bevy of pieces from across the lands, traveling far and wide for art that spans the spectrum. She was unable to make room for every piece in the gallery itself, so she has decided to liven a few other places in the Court with her collection.

The art is currently undergoing the process of preservation. Some pieces need more help than others, and not every artifact may receive the same treatment in order to prevent the delay of the grand opening.

Oh, and word on the street is that the Court Manager is currently interviewing for the position of artist-in-residence.

OOC: Some parts are in QC, some parts are not. I doubt it'll be ready before the end of the 2008, but work proceeds apace.

-- GM Tiesse

Re: Raven's Court Expansions 11/17/2008 09:30 PM CST
>> Oh, and word on the street is that the Court Manager is currently interviewing for the position of artist-in-residence.

oh so that's what he was doing there

Rev. Reene

Gylwyn says to you, "Heretics are often the finders of truth."
Performance Tournament at Raven's Court 12/09/2008 10:55 AM CST
Hi everyone! You've probably seen me post about the upcoming Performance tournament. But now we have a few more things figured out and I thought I'd share.

Yiara was able to meet with the manager of Raven's Court and they had lively discussions about hosting the tournament there.

A theme was settled on "Fire and Smoke" for the decorations, food and gifts.
(Performances do not necessarily have to adhere to this theme)

The tournament will be held at Raven's Court where they will provide drinks and food for all attendees.

There's only about 3 weeks left, so if you're interested in performing, please let me know as soon as possible! (AIM and e-mail below or you can post here or in Bard folder)

Should be fun. I'll let you know the exact times as we get closer to the event but it'll most likely be afternoon or evening hours (EST)

See you there!
~Yiara Isqi'l, Court Bard of Zoluren

Contact Zoluren's Court Bard
joyfulone_jo@hotmail.com or AIM
YiaraDR.
Re: Performance Tournament at Raven's Court 12/18/2008 12:48 AM CST
To help accommodate the tournament, the court manager has opened the lobby to the art gallery to provide more space for mingling. Unfortunately, the rest of the gallery is still being renovated and will not be open in time for the festivities.

-- GM Tiesse

Re: Performance Tournament at Raven's Court 12/18/2008 01:55 PM CST
Great! Thanks a bunch!

~Yiara

Contact Zoluren's Court Bard
joyfulone_jo@hotmail.com or AIM
YiaraDR.
Raven's Court -- A New Era! 01/21/2009 07:45 PM CST
Greetings, Elanthians!

I am pleased to announce that the Raven's Court has completed its current expansion projects! The proprietors invite members and guests alike to partake in the new amenities. The new additions are currently live in Prime and will be opened in TF in the next day or two. Plat will get the full experience with an event of their own, no worries. :)

For those who are unfamiliar, the Raven's Court is located on the western side of the Crossing in close proximity to the Traders' Guild and the Guard House. The main building is entirely open to the public. There are several gardens and rooms for people to relax in, as well as a dining room that serves a limited menu, among other things. The main feature of the Court is an exclusive VIP area, available only to people who pay a membership fee at the desk one west of the main foyer. The VIP building is located behind the main building and is accessible through a separate entrance once you've paid your fee.

So, what's new?

~ The second floor of the Raven's Court is now home to a brand new art gallery. Everyone may access this area at their leisure to study the works. All but a few of the pieces were written by players, to whom I'd like to give a hearty thanks and congratulations! If you submitted a design and don't see it in the gallery proper, check around the rest of the Court. I couldn't fit everything upstairs, so your entry might be located elsewhere. There were a very few that unfortunately did not make it live in game due to content and feasibility issues, so I do apologize to those people!

~ The VIP area has been greatly expanded to offer new amenities to the Court's distinguished patrons. I won't be going into what is new here, but you're welcome to ask around or buy a membership if you want to find out. ;)

~ Trader*-*only housing has now been made available on the second floor, just through the arch off the gallery. There is also an exclusive lounge just for Traders in the same area with a few goodies for sale.

~ There is also a selection of VIP housing in the members-only area. Please see the Estate Holder forums for an elaboration on the policy regarding living in this area before purchasing one of these homes (which I'll be posting in a little bit).

Because I know people have had some questions, I'll answer a few common ones here:

Q: Why are there different membership rates for different people?
A: It is only natural for the Court to offer discounts for members of the community who are more distinguished than others in order to lure in other clientele of the same stature.

Q: Okay, I bought a membership, but I can't get in the darn place. What gives?
A: Make sure you are knocking on the knocker, not the door.

Q: Will the Raven's Court ever offer food in the dining room? Seems kind of odd for there not to be food served in a dining room.
A: Yes, hopefully. Some day!

Q: What's up with that heavy red satin curtain in the VIP area, and why can't I go through it?
A: Unfortunately, this part of the release didn't make it in time. It will be opened ASAP, so don't fret too much.

Again, the Raven's Court wishes you the best in exploring its new features! Have fun!

-- GM Tiesse

Re: Raven's Court -- A New Era! 01/22/2009 12:45 PM CST
Great work Tiesse! I liked how some of the pieces with similar themes were grouped together!

Finally had time to look through all the ones in the art gallery (couldn't find more that you mentioned coudln't fit after a brief exploration)

My favorites:

crystal carving of a rose and blade ("Commitment")
icy-blue sapphire sphere,
diorama (dedication to Eluned)
"The Forest Frolic"
hooded figure gazing out a window
"Ja'Haadraan-Daemondred Marriage"
statue of two combatants in a brawl
Murrulla statue

"When I grow up, I want to be a soulless monster trapped in a suit of enchanted armor and compelled into violent service for a commercial institution through torturous psychic conditioning." -- Armifer
Re: Raven's Court -- A New Era! 01/23/2009 12:41 PM CST
Top notch. I didn't get through all of it yet, but I found something that makes me happy. Excellent work.
Raven's Court Craps Table 01/27/2009 12:16 AM CST
The craps table has been temporarily removed and will hopefully return shortly. Thanks for understanding.

-- GM Tiesse

Raven's Court VIP Shop -- Now Open! 08/15/2009 06:10 PM CDT
Greetings!

The VIP shop in the Raven's Court is now open! Once we roll the tobacco updates into TF, this area will be opening there, too.

There is a variety of specialty goods for sale, most notably several new flavors of tobacco in cigarillo form. Yes, you need to have a membership to the Court in order to peruse the merchandise.

Currently, there are a few issues with the tobacco that are on the substance side of things that cannot be fixed easily at this time. Notably, if you try to snuff a cigarillo, you might get a "cigar" as the final product, or it might disappear altogether. We're aware of these issues, so if you don't want to lose your cigarillo, you might want to buy several extras or wait until you can fully smoke the item without having to worry about being interrupted.

Feel free to post if you spot any other oddities. Enjoy!

-- GM Tiesse

Re: Raven's Court VIP Shop -- Now Open! 08/15/2009 06:12 PM CDT
>> There is a variety of specialty goods for sale, most notably several new flavors of tobacco in cigarillo form. Yes, you need to have a membership to the Court in order to peruse the merchandise.

Just a membership, or do you have to be premium?

And thank you for this. I'm so glad I don't have to go to Ratha for cigarillos anymore.

Rev. Reene

SEND[Abasha] I will kill you :D
Re: Raven's Court VIP Shop -- Now Open! 08/15/2009 06:26 PM CDT
>Just a membership, or do you have to be premium?

Just a membership, unless you have a friend who can escort you inside.

You're welcome!

-- GM Tiesse

Re: Raven's Court VIP Shop -- Now Open! 08/15/2009 06:27 PM CDT
Sounds like good stuff! I was thinking about joining just a few hours ago. I might just have to do it when I get back to crossing.

Thank you!

- George, Player of Foresee
Re: Raven's Court VIP Shop -- Now Open! 08/15/2009 06:38 PM CDT
Speaking of... is there any way to check how long there is until your membership expires?

Rev. Reene

Re: Raven's Court VIP Shop -- Now Open! 08/15/2009 10:03 PM CDT
do memberships stack?
and on the cigar, i noticed other than getting lost in the experience, you don't notice the flavor, but others in the room do. Such as the indigo one with sheep, makes sense since it's chamomile, but was curious and only noticed it when i had someoene else try it out.

great stuff all around
kind of suprised the platinum flask is 200, and the black diamonds one is the cheapo.
still think i'll get it

Re: Raven's Court VIP Shop -- Now Open! 08/15/2009 10:10 PM CDT
>> do memberships stack?

Yup. I bought like 3-4 RL years worth when the place came out and I have yet to need to renew it.

Which is part of why I have no idea how much time I have left.

Rev. Reene

Re: Raven's Court VIP Shop -- Now Open! 08/15/2009 11:01 PM CDT
This is excellent, thank you so much!
Re: Raven's Court VIP Shop -- Now Open! 08/15/2009 11:18 PM CDT
Yes indeed. Very neat and fun, thank you!

The shadowling wrestles with its silver coin, gripping it tightly in its front paws while biting it and clawing at it with its back legs.
Prev_page Previous 1