Leather Repair 05/18/2012 04:00 PM CDT
Any chance that, as a starting city, Crossing could have a leather repairer put in, or have Catrox handle both? For ACTUAL new people, having to find the leather repairer (not handled by DIR), and wade through cougars/scout ogers I don't think is a very good idea.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Leather Repair 05/18/2012 05:04 PM CDT
>Any chance that, as a starting city, Crossing could have a leather repairer put in, or have Catrox handle both?

When using repair all, I believe Catrox handles leather items.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Leather Repair 05/18/2012 05:05 PM CDT

No he doesn't.
Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Leather Repair 05/18/2012 05:19 PM CDT
>>When using repair all, I believe Catrox handles leather items.

No, and you really don't seem to understand how this works.

Some repairers just handle both. Regardless of HOW you ask them (repair all vs give). Usually if there is only one repairer in the 'area', this is turned on.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Leather Repair 05/18/2012 05:22 PM CDT
>No, and you really don't seem to understand how this works.

At one point you could get metal repair merchants such as Catrox to accept leather items by asking them to repair all.

Apparently, it is no longer the case.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Leather Repair 05/18/2012 05:24 PM CDT
>>At one point you could get metal repair merchants such as Catrox to accept leather items by asking them to repair all.

No.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Leather Repair 05/18/2012 05:36 PM CDT
<<>>At one point you could get metal repair merchants such as Catrox to accept leather items by asking them to repair all.

No.>>

Stop.

GM Jaedren
Events Guy
Re: Leather Repair 05/18/2012 06:13 PM CDT
>>Stop.
>>GM Jaedren

If I'm wrong, and a bug was actually fixed, I'd be happy to retract, but I'm pretty sure it's just not understanding how the system works.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Leather Repair 05/18/2012 10:35 PM CDT
>>If I'm wrong, and a bug was actually fixed, I'd be happy to retract, but I'm pretty sure it's just not understanding how the system works.

Your initial point is a very good one, but I'm pretty sure some metal or non-metal only repair people were set to repair anything in order to address that someone to repair the other half of stuff just wasn't locally available. The leather repair shop now taking everything comes to mind.

I don't know if that changed, though.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Leather Repair 05/19/2012 06:13 AM CDT
in riverhaven <another starter city> unspiecks DOES take both, but i would disagree that it would be too hard for a newbie to find randals in wolf clan. The sooner you get an idea of the geography, the better. Additionally, if, as a beginner trader, you get a contract, you can very well end up getting one out to wolf clan. I know when I started back in '96 my very,very first character was a trader, and he got a contract out there. And that was before Ranik's, or even Sablina's maps. And YES, i got LOST. :-) But that's part of the learning process.

<when trying to deliver to tiger clan I found gelapods down the trench. And that was pretty much the end of my first trader's <an elotheans> career... and life....

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Leather Repair 05/19/2012 07:04 AM CDT

Your first character was a trader back in the 90's? Heh, mine too. I wonder if we sat in any of Shapeshifter's classes together :-)
Re: Leather Repair 05/19/2012 07:24 AM CDT
Coppercoins and shapey and a few others used to sit around and appraise each other for hours in the guildhall.I mostly ran around with my donkey and got lost < i didn't rent a caravan, only a pack animal>. And there used to be that little newsletter that warned about thieves. They'd also give you the contents of a crate <some stuff to wear and a bloodgem> when you joined. Imaar used to have his desk right in the room with the traders, and people used to put stuff inside the desk on occasion. one time the podium or desk for some reason became detachable. By this time I was a thief, and a few thieves up and took his desk out of the traders guild and set it up in the thieves guild for awhile. Another time we nabbed the mirror from the "newbie creation" place and set that up in the thieves guild. And started changing our features til Czarra caught us and said "you want to be stuck with your face like that?" :-)

Hell, we were thieves, we stole anything that wasn't nailed down.... :-).
one time Jacco even put the longbow bridge in his backpack.

The sneakiest thing I did with my current trader was right after he joined the guild <this was when all my chars <i had 3> were on different accts on aol, and you couldn't log in at the same time, because you could only play on the char you had on thru AOL. Anyway, my trader <all of 1st circle> managed to sneak up the ladder in the old thieves guild and had a splendid time learning to steal in the old thieves haven. He wasn't ever outted <not a fingerwaggler, which could be sensed in those days>, and he would never try to listen to a backstab class. He managed to stay there a few weeks <a couple hours each day,learning stealing, perception and appraisal>< AOL wasn't unlimited yet>.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Leather Repair 05/19/2012 11:09 AM CDT

What a great story!

Kraelyst used to accompany Ocatvius on trading runs and teach him for a percentage of the take. It was a fine way to maximize the use of caravan time! Of course, that was back when 20 plat was a fortune!
Re: Leather Repair 05/19/2012 11:10 AM CDT
I once had warts.

I'd tell you where but the mods don't like it when I tell this story. Seems about as applicable though.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.