Knife Clan 03/02/2006 06:11 PM CST
Any plans on adding critter areas to knife clan?
Re: Knife Clan 03/03/2006 08:05 AM CST
I don't know if it's live in Prime yet, but in Plat my barb hunts wood trolls and cougars near Knife Clan.

Ryeka and the brood

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Knife Clan 03/03/2006 03:43 PM CST
>>I don't know if it's live in Prime yet, but in Plat my barb hunts wood trolls and cougars near Knife Clan.

Near, as in down the path and to the huge clearing that connects Knife and Wolf Clans to the brook and subsequent path that leads to Tiger Clan and Crossing? Or near, as in somewhere outside the gates of Knife Clan but not all the way back to the above clearing?

If it's the former, then it's long been a feature in Prime.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Knife Clan 03/03/2006 11:49 PM CST
Well, seeing as how there aren't any wood trolls in Prime on that side of the goblin brook, I'd say it's a Plat feature.

Amagaim; the player of,

"Tired of the eternal efforts to fight our way through raw matter, we chose another way and sought to embrace the infinite. We went inside ourselves and created a new world."
--- Henrik Steffens
Re: Knife Clan 03/04/2006 07:32 AM CST
You might well be right, Amagaim. From the bramble patch to the Knife Clan gate in Plat has wood trolls and cougars. And once I even saw a wood troll past the gate, though not past the bridge into the main clan area. I'm still trying to figure out how he got there. If I can make the time I'll try logging in one of my smaller prime chars to see what I find there.

Ryeka and the brood

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: Knife Clan 03/06/2006 09:10 AM CST
I know there used to be the same in prime... but I passed by there yesterday and didn't see any. So I dunno! I can definitely say that at one point in time, there were wood trolls and cougars on the path to Knife Clan.

~Jycanth
Re: Knife Clan 03/06/2006 09:30 AM CST
Yup, I had a char running through that area a couple of days ago and didn't see a thing! Needless to say, I was a bit startled. But that will make it safe for little people making their first journey to Knife Clan.

Ryeka and the brood

Re: Knife Clan 03/06/2006 11:49 PM CST
Very odd. The instances should be the same.

I'm a little confused if you mean that there are different rooms/areas available in plat that are not available in prime, or if you mean only that critters generate in plat where they do not in prime (but the room access is the same).

If it is that there are rooms in plat that are unknown in prime, if you don't mind, next time you're around the area and happen to think of it, please go to one of the places that is not open in prime and BUG from that room... something like:

BUG FOR MERIEL -- This is one of the missing areas in prime you wanted to know about.

Thanks much. Labeling it with my name will make it easier for the folks who assign bugs to know where to send it.
Re: Knife Clan 03/07/2006 01:06 AM CST
I'm thinking it's the creatures generating, Meriel, rather than the actual geography in question.

Amagaim; the player of,

"Tired of the eternal efforts to fight our way through raw matter, we chose another way and sought to embrace the infinite. We went inside ourselves and created a new world."
--- Henrik Steffens
Re: Knife Clan 03/07/2006 01:15 AM CST
In Plat, along the pathway between the bramble patch and the bridge into Knife Clan there are wood trolls and cougars. The area is the same, but there are the critters.

-Fuquois-

"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire
Re: Knife Clan 03/07/2006 08:00 AM CST
What Fuquois said. The critters in Prime aren't genning. And it wasn't like my empath was really dangerous enough to scare them! ;)

Re: Knife Clan 03/07/2006 06:14 PM CST
the only areas that are in plat and not prime are the alae areas. plat also has access to all the rooms in jadewater. Both of which are intended "features" of plat. :-)

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Knife Clan 03/07/2006 10:48 PM CST
>>also has access to all the rooms in jadewater.

So does the microwave work in plat?

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Knife Clan 03/08/2006 10:52 AM CST
>>So does the microwave work in plat?

No, it's broken there too.

Player of a few too many

Pol-i-tics (pol-i-tiks) n. 1. "Poli" meaning many. 2. "Tics" meaning blood-sucking insects.
Re: Knife Clan 03/10/2006 12:26 AM CST
Did it ever work? And if so, what did it do?

-Fuquois-

"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire
Re: Knife Clan 03/10/2006 01:11 AM CST
Yes it did work, once loooonggggg ago. From memory alone, I recall all it did was a message something along the lines of light flared up at the center of the thing and then streeked to the edges of it. It might have lit things on fire to, but at that time only torches, cigars/tobacco, and maybe black powder could be lit on fire any ways(That gives you an idea of how long ago it was eh?). So I'm not sure if I ever tried it or not. I may be confusing it with the golden dragon in there, that used to work to, you could place trash of any type in it and then rub it I think was the verb and it would glow and smoke would puff out of its nostrals and then it would incinerate the items.

Who knows maybe things will change, mmm in the near future.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Knife Clan 03/11/2006 07:41 PM CST
Thanks guys. It sounds like a critter gen got hosed at some point.

Meriel
Re: Knife Clan 03/13/2006 05:00 AM CST

Neat. I never knew there were supposed to be cougars and wood trolls along the route to Knife Clan. That be neat I think. I ran up there a few times and never did see a critter and I play in Prime. But I do like the idea. And would be another neat little place to hunt. Besides the main cougar spot right across the brook gets ogres sometimes. Ugh ogres bad.

8)
Knife Clan and Tiger Clan 04/24/2006 09:51 PM CDT
Greetings and Salutations!

Roderigo, a gentleman of great courage, has generously volunteered to do some development on these two areas. He has some excellent ideas, and I know will be interested in lively dialog with the players who love Knife Clan and Tiger Clan as much as he does.

Meriel
Re: Knife Clan and Tiger Clan 04/24/2006 10:35 PM CDT
Well, lessee:

1)togball. Can't talk about Tiger Clan without talking about Togball, I mean we have a field (the only one?) right there. First, how about some activity? Darn thing sits empty all the time, and it smells. Not surprising, since the field crew never shows up either (I bet that straws thirty years old now). If it didn't smell so bad, maybe the team would practice there from time to time or perhaps even the Lord himself will return. And the mud! Whomever had the bright idea to build it so close to the river wasn't, erm, bright. Not sure how to fix that, but maybe we can convince Kalika to send some of hers out to Knife--maybe some of them will actually show up here and we can put them to work beseeching the field to dry.

2):snaps:that reminds me. Down at the Green I heard tell some stories about a team of dwarven belly-floppers poking around in the fields lookin' at Ol' Selgie. Mebbe they're interested in helping with the docks and carving out a few swimming holes--but whoever heard of a dwarf that liked water?!

3)the aminals are getting annoying. They are constantly under your feet, which is a bad thing if you're a Togball player as you might hurt an arm or leg (not to mention the aminal when you fall on 'em). Give the younglings something to do and let them chase chickens and pigs around for the farmers.

4)Speaking of bothersome, it's high time to give the not-so-young youths something to do out here. Idle hands get into mischief, and this will be the 20th time I had to rescue some poor, terrified mule, donkey, or ox who somehow made it up onto the church roof. I'm starting to get a hernia (although, I must admit, it takes a certain ingenuity to lift a thousand stones of mule-flesh without anyone noticing...perhaps there's still hope for the boys). For the sake of my abdomen, teach the evil buggers how to tip the darn beasts and just to be on the safe side show them where the trader outpost is (lots of animals there.)

5)Oh, and we still need to order that new church bell. The old one doesn't ring like it used to. Just goes to show that nothing's safe from those youngin's.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Knife Clan and Tiger Clan 04/24/2006 11:15 PM CDT
Its GM Aurdun ain't it? This has his sticky handprints all over it.

I have to say, I'm all for it and its long been needed. Us 'Togs need our places spiffied up to draw a crowd so they can see how magnificent we are.

Hey J'lo, any time you're up for a serious game, I'll take ya on. But be warned, when I say serious, I mean a game not a random slaughter.

Caraamon Majerye,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Knife Clan and Tiger Clan 04/25/2006 12:16 AM CDT
I don't play togball, I'm just "the old man who has to keep fetching mules off the church roof".

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Knife Clan and Tiger Clan 04/25/2006 01:18 AM CDT
I am the Co-Champion with Roderigo for Togs. I just happen to be the more vocal of the two of us. Roderigo is a terrific GM who has been around for quite some time and is fantastic with areas.

For the last few weeks we've been discussing various clan-related things. Don't you worry, guys - the clans are all Tog run now :)

~GameMaster Aurdun Smashfoot
Re: Knife Clan and Tiger Clan 04/25/2006 08:51 AM CDT
What about openning the pottery store for business? Or openning the bakery to sell baked goods? Or- hmm- perhaps a shop that sells tog-sized clothing and gear? And in the manor across the bridge there should be an old tog that can talk about the history of the local Clans!

Ryeka and a tog!

Re: Knife Clan and Tiger Clan 04/25/2006 11:43 AM CDT
My self I'd like to see the trader outpost in Knife Clan open again but then I suppose that's more up to the trader GM.

Re: Knife Clan and Tiger Clan 04/25/2006 11:37 PM CDT
How about getting Havor to "answer" some questions about people like Trog and Neesa?

I'll have more suggestions as I reexamine the area for my website.

Caraamon Majerye,
Re: Knife Clan and Tiger Clan 04/26/2006 12:27 AM CDT
And how about getting the Manor House, Library to actually have some readable books in it?

Caraamon Majerye,
Re: Knife Clan and Tiger Clan 04/26/2006 12:49 AM CDT
The goat ate 'em all... though I guess he might have missed a few.

-Fuquois-

Milgrym asks, "How does 666 coins strike you?"
Re: Knife Clan and Tiger Clan 04/26/2006 12:50 AM CDT
Oh.. and I posted about this on the Plat boards.. go get a load of that old Gor'Tog woman sitting in the basement with curly hair. Oooolllld school.

-Fuquois-

Milgrym asks, "How does 666 coins strike you?"
Re: Knife Clan and Tiger Clan 04/26/2006 10:45 AM CDT
You just don't see her scalping knife in the description.

mfberg
Re: Knife Clan and Tiger Clan 04/26/2006 11:35 AM CDT
Ambushable creatures in Knife Clan. I think there's a mountain type area that has been gated? (Not sure). Anyway, just a thought.

- Simon

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Frontpage.html
Re: Knife Clan and Tiger Clan 04/26/2006 08:07 PM CDT
Heh, go read my reaction to the hairy Gor'Tog on the Gor'Tog boards. Ew.

Caraamon Majerye,
Re: Knife Clan and Tiger Clan 04/28/2006 05:03 AM CDT
Yeah, the haircut was the first thing I mentioned when asked what I was going to do with Tiger Clan. In fact, free haircuts for all Togs!

Books: a couple coming with P5, but not a bad idea to put copies of the existing Tog books in Tiger Clan in the meantime. I'll look into this.

Togball: We like togball. Tiger Clan/Knife Clan grudge match is not forgotten. Was delayed due to some staff change issues and because I suck. We'll slap Ortug and Trog upside the heads and get them to arrange something.

And like Aurdun said sorta, he's chatty, I'm mean.

Grunt,
Roderigo
Knife Clan Desires 07/07/2006 09:45 PM CDT
Ya know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see Knife clan go hidden again, like its supposed to be. Right now its as much of a joke as the old thief's guild was, pretty much everyone knows where it is and if you don't know you can find someone to tell you pretty quickly.

I'd like to see it rehidden, and maybe some sort of password system set up like the Stone Clan had a long time ago. Cause really, right now its stupid.

Oh and get rid of that Everild damned sentry. I know my Gor'Tog has wanted to kill him for years, just to bring up the average intelligence of the clan.

<mutter>

Caraamon Majerye,
Re: Knife Clan Desires 07/07/2006 10:36 PM CDT
Tell him to keep unwanted people out of the clan, and not to hide himself.

mfberg