What is the Felan Ulak? 03/24/2005 08:30 PM CST
Hidden in the Stone Clan, and not shown on Ranik's or Kythryn's maps, is a large black gate guarded by some very humorless Dwarven soldier, requiring a pass to enter. This is either:

1.) An area few have found before
2.) A defunct remnant of the Outcast war
3.) A quest location for a specific race/guild
4.) A premie-only area
5.) A puzzle

I hate spoilers for the few in-game mysteries, but a number would be wonderful.
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 03/24/2005 08:39 PM CST
Been a while but I believe 5
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 03/24/2005 09:00 PM CST
If you would like more information about that particular place, there are several you can talk with. It's rather special. My AIM is Cagedenerg.
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 03/24/2005 10:00 PM CST
>and not shown on Ranik's or Kythryn's maps...

Although I'd never speak for Ranik, I can say that it's very infrequent that either of us put IG puzzles on the maps. Each of us I think base off our own judgement for that, but if you stumble on a location that neither of us (ok, well, if she doesn't...hehe...she's a lot more diligent on making sure she's got stuff!) are showing you might ask around IG too. I'm pretty confident that neither of us are interested in ruining folks enjoyment of puzzles, and if we do, chances are there is a good reason or honest oversight. We just don't like seeing folks walking around and around and around...and around...:P

I know that often I'll make a note about something if it's staring you in the eye. For instance, if you look over my maps, you can find most of the Moon Mage sect places...they just aren't labeled as 'Moon Mage Sect Place', but rather...what you'd see if you were just walking by. Except Heritage House, since that is...well...a House.
:)

Anyhow, congrats on wandering into a puzzle, and I hope you have fun exploring it!

Kythryn
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 03/25/2005 12:28 AM CST
6)It is an area that will bring you death, stay away.

It is not a puzzle, it is nothing fun, there is nothing to see.. go away.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 03/25/2005 04:09 AM CST
it has nothing to do with the outcasts. the area was highly utilized by short people during the Sorrow war though. ;-)

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 09/05/2005 01:35 AM CDT
snowbeast familiar anyone?
lets get some reading done.

Sentai.
The O.G.
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 08/17/2009 11:24 AM CDT
So I was mapping the realms a bit for Genie's automapper, and found this spot. What is it, and how do I go about gaining admittance? If its an in game puzzle, could someone point me towards the place where the puzzle begins?
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 08/30/2009 06:43 PM CDT
Want to give more detail? Never heard of it, and without info I can't tell you if I know it by another name.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Weapon Combo Balance List
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/balance.xls
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 09/01/2009 02:13 PM CDT
It is an in game puzzle, and any info should NOT be shared on the boards.

An many a dwarf will hunt you down and skin you alive ifen you try to get in!

Have a nice day.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 09/01/2009 04:13 PM CDT
I should roll up a dwarf and go figure it out for Elanthipedia.

I hate stuff like this.

Rev. Reene

You also see a broad-capped glass toadstool with white spots labeled "1UP".
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 09/04/2009 08:20 PM CDT
Is a hidden place in Stone Clan, I remember going in there once upon a time, but don't remember anything about it, how I got in etc. Can get to the entry, but its guarded and you need a ticket or something.

Don't remember the details beyond that, like whats in there etc. Would be nice to have the details on Elanthapedia under the spoilers/secrets section. Or at least have details on how to go about finding the path to get in.
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 09/04/2009 08:49 PM CDT
>Is a hidden place in Stone Clan, I remember going in there once upon a time, but don't remember anything about it, how I got in etc. Can get to the entry, but its guarded and you need a ticket or something.

You need to say a password so that they know you're a friend.
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 09/04/2009 10:55 PM CDT
>You need to say a password so that they know you're a friend.

I hope that's a joke. The statues are destroyed.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Weapon Combo Balance List
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/balance.xls
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 09/04/2009 11:04 PM CDT
>I hope that's a joke. The statues are destroyed.

I might have been thinking of the wrong place.
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 09/05/2009 07:41 AM CDT
>>I might have been thinking of the wrong place.

You used to have to say the dwarven word for friend, G, something, to get into stone clan at all. They took that out a while ago though
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 09/05/2009 08:06 AM CDT
that isn't the place they're talking about though. my dwarf was rather active in the stone clan militia, so i do know my way in and out of the area in question.

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 09/05/2009 11:46 AM CDT
>I might have been thinking of the wrong place.

Moria?

Large, grey clouds slowly cover the skies.
>
The world seems a bit more foreboding than it did a moment ago.
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 09/05/2009 03:08 PM CDT
I was thinking grek, yeah. But when I tried to enter the other day, you still needed to say it. This was in TF though, so maybe we missed an update.
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 09/05/2009 06:02 PM CDT
tf didn't have the "event" in question where bistro brew up one of the sentinels with a big cauldron of naptha. i think it was during the <first> sorrow war, which occored after TF started <march 2002 iirc>

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 09/05/2009 06:06 PM CDT
I believe it was Blasword who blew that stuff up. Not Bistro.

- Simon
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 09/05/2009 06:12 PM CDT
Yep, Blasword, not Bistro.

Blasword tried and tried and tried until one day it finally worked. Gotta hand it to him for perseverance. Goofy guy. Haha.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 09/05/2009 06:17 PM CDT
sorry, i always get those two names mixed up. both great palatins. :-)

Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 09/05/2009 11:17 PM CDT
For a bit more information, without giving too much away on these boards...

[Felen Ulak, The Gate]
Hastily worked walls surround this impromptu foyer, jagged stones and thin veins of metal casting an odd mesh of light and shadow. A blackened steel gate spans the width of the chamber, blocking all attempts to progress deeper into the cave. You also see a company of Dwarven soldiers, a Dwarven officer, a dark crevice, a Dwarven scribe and a large notice.
Obvious exits: east.
> read notice

A large notice reads:
By entering this secured area you hereby agree to the following rules: Do NOT touch the book. Do NOT draw weapons past the ward unless given the order to do so. Do NOT steal passes. Do NOT make a pest of yourself. Any infractions will result in swift and merciless punishment.
> go gate

The soldiers stare at you, refusing to move. The scribe looks over at you after a few moments, and says, "I'll have to see your pass if you want to enter."
> ask scribe about pass

The Dwarven scribe asks, "You're kidding, right?"

> ask scribe about book

The Dwarven scribe says, "I'm sorry, but I don't have time to help you."

Someone mind sharing the details about the area on the Pedia for the rest of us?
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 02/07/2010 02:14 AM CST
Yeah, that was the entrance to the cave that held "The book". I don't really remember too much about it, except it was always being guarded by dwarves and others.

I think stormcrest or cloudcrest or something, IDK, it was a moon mage dwarf helped organize the PC Stone Clan Militia, I spent a LOT of time down there with my eye peeled.

It literally translates: [hidden doom, the gate].

If i had my old computer from like 1997-2001 I could pull it up. I kept all kinds of crazy notes back then... But I can't think of how to get in there now.
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 02/07/2010 02:39 AM CST
hegemonic organized the clan. its kinda a game puzzle. if you were to ask a dwarf that was in the stone clan militia <like kadoshgonif>, rp it up a bit, he'd show ya. IF yer a dwarf. and if yer not a necro. <he's a cleric after all :-)>

Lileyew smiles kindly, "I'm afraid it's too late for you, my friend. Your fate is to be a Necromancer." Lileyew pats you on the back.
Re: What is the Felan Ulak? 02/07/2010 08:51 AM CST
This was the shadow black book that protected the clan. There is a history behind the book. Hegemonic, Redarch, and I started the SCM. It was to become an order, alas Hegemonic left and Cloudcrest took over then he left. We're still around, just not as SCM, although we still have the armbands. This book was what sparked the Sorrow War.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen