Critters in Zoluren, GM? 12/16/2003 03:40 PM CST
Just a thought, it hasnt been suggested in a while, but

How about some higher level critters being released in Zoluren? Not a new critter necessarily, but something that gens reasonably that you dont have to travel to other places to hunt. Some people (myself included) would love to be able to stay in Zoluren and do our hunting here. Right now, its just not possible. Rossmans is nice, but its in Therengia, Hara is nice, but its in Qi. How about something for Zoluren? Some suggestions

Out near knife clan, that area has hardly been touched. Its wilderness out there, maybe a trail/tree/root something to lead to a hunting area in the Wilderness? Maybe Poloh'izh? Dragon priests(maybe this particular critter wouldnt make as much sense but im just making a suggestion), Seordmaors? Something to hunt?

Deeper into the wilderness near Geni perhaps? Something out there?

The Fangs of Ushnish, where the Mature firecats are, theres a boulder. Maybe make that climbable/pushable and open up to a newer higher level hunting area?

The only high lvl monster in Zoluren area right now is Warklins, and nobody hunts them because honestly, they are overpowered for their level, its risk Vs Reward, and they arent worth the risk considering what else is out there. Not asking for an easy critter that teaches amazingly, but some variety would be nice. Zoluren Severely lacks in this, and Zoluren does have a population of higher level folk that would love to hunt there.

Can a GM please tell us whats going on with this? Maybe look into this? Try something? I promise you many people would be very appreciative at an endeavor to make the higher level hunting better in Zoluren. It doesnt have to be easy to get to, or close to town, but it would be nice to have it, so we dont have to leave the place we consider home to do some hunting.

Thanks
~Sammee
Re: Critters in Zoluren, GM? 12/17/2003 01:15 PM CST
Other options places to expand might be out siergelds regard. A nice climable down the chasm towards the river and some swimming as well. Seems a likely spot for seordmar. BTW the cut and paste room descriptions up there should be on someones jazz up list.

Past ogres a cyclops/one eyed archer zone again with a nice climable to reach.

The mansion past water sprites could be fleshed out with some good baddies.

I suspect polo aren't a mainland option for tanning system factors and the inconvenience of getting to hara to get them is part of that systems balances.

Arrys
Re: Critters in Zoluren, GM? 12/17/2003 01:27 PM CST
<<I suspect polo aren't a mainland option for tanning system factors and the inconvenience of getting to hara to get them is part of that systems balances.>>

I have a boat, its not really a tanning system factor at all. I use primarily garg hides for tanning. I can get to hara in 10 minutes, but I honestly dont like hara, I like Zoluren. Its what my character calls and considers home, and especially being a commander there, he would want to be able to stay relatively close to home while hunting. Zoluren has a serious lack of upper tier hunting, it always has. But im praying that Wonderful Meriel is going to correct this by releasing something fantastically amazing to wow the High level Zolurenites!

<Crosses his fingers> Field goblins that teach to 800 ranks! Yeah sounds good. (FAt chance hah)

Well no, but really, SOMETHING would rule :) And as for poloh'izh specifically, they were just a suggestion, and one of many critters that would suit needs of many, but I dont think having them would be particularly unbalancing, they are absurdly hard to kill OR skin perfectly arranged, I can count the rangers on 1 hand who are capable of doing it <g>. But the skins arent what I really care about, like I said, I have a boat, its more the ability to gain some combat experience while remaining on Zoluren soil. Its just a "Wanting to stay on the homeland" thing. Im sure you understand where im coming from :)

~Sammee
Re: Critters in Zoluren, GM? 12/17/2003 02:10 PM CST
I agree about the polo and in your case the ship. But lots of us don't have ships and I know I won't be killing another polo for a good long while. cursescomabtchanges;) more magic actually but ohh well.

>"Wanting to stay on the homeland" thing. Im sure you understand where im coming from :)

Most definitely I got stuck around crossing for the Sorrow war. Joined up with Zoluren for this one. Fortunately for me There are several places I can train still within the province and I don't suspect to be hurting for a while. I would definitely like to see a zoluren hunting area with the survival training options one gets in say the chasm in shard immediately adjacent to my kill zone.

As for meriels plans mayhap that goblin shaman gave us a clue.

Arrys
Re: Critters in Zoluren, GM? 01/14/2004 07:05 PM CST

I'd like to see some critter expansion under or east of dirge in the mountains and towards the coast. Also the greater fist needs some sorta population also. Just a thought.

Ibec Alshaerd of Zoluren

Stamped upon the parchment is the Crest of House Alshaerd. A grandeous phoenix rising from the Greater Fist of Heavens encircled by golden laurels.

Re: Critters in Zoluren, GM? 01/14/2004 08:04 PM CST
<<<I'd like to see some critter expansion under or east of dirge in the mountains and towards the coast. Also the greater fist needs some sorta population also. Just a thought.
>>

Another good idea! Meriel! I hope you are takin notes! <hums>

Thanks for reading
~Sammee
Re: Critters in Zoluren, GM? 01/17/2004 11:51 AM CST
I'm always taking notes and ste... borrowing ideas :) The entire reason I read the areas of the message board that I read is because I've always found player input, ideas and analysis to be extremely valuable (nor am I shy to admit it). That doesn't mean my decisions are governed precisely by player sentiment -- my job as a GM is to make the decisions and prioritize -- but there are so many creative and talented people out there that it'd be silly to ignore such a rich resource. :)

Meriel
Re: Critters in Zoluren, GM? 01/17/2004 02:15 PM CST

When it comes to dirge hunting towards the coast i'd like to see all those areas fall under Dirge temple range(would also be nice to have the range go from the bridge north of kaerna to the therengia border). Some variation on crits easier to hard. Could potentially put a dock in somewhere.
It would be nice to see a route eastward running through dirge.
Forgotten trade road uncovered tunnel something like that.

Also i'd like to see the road to the leth docks get some expansion hunting wise and in general i want to wander white oak farms.
With that region though i think it would be really great to see some natural critters. Wolves, deer, bears, mountain lions, bobcats, wart hogs etc. Just a thought.

Ibec Alshaerd of Zoluren.

Stamped upon the parchment is the Crest of House Alshaerd. A grandeous phoenix rising from the Greater Fist of Heavens encircled by golden laurels.

Re: Critters in Zoluren, GM? 01/18/2004 03:26 PM CST
There's no Furrier or pawnshop near dirge is there? I like to go around, kill things, sell stuff, deposit money in the various banks, but all I have in Dirge is about a silver, which is just coin from a few madmen or something.
Re: Critters in Zoluren, GM? 01/18/2004 05:43 PM CST
At present Dirge has niether a gem shop nor a furrier. Perhaps there should be a furrier at least: It would be convenient for the croc hunters and the people from the Gate of Souls.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Critters in Zoluren, GM? 01/18/2004 07:21 PM CST

I'd definantly like to see a gem shop/tanner and a pawnshop. Heh could have the place be one in the same. Frontroom pawnshop... backroom handling gems and furs could have some enterprising trader move into the area. Get rid of the ruined stable at the east end of merchant row and fill that slot.

I'd also like to see the alchemist and the locksmith get worked on. With those two i'd at least like to see a couple catalogs with the basics tossed in at the moment and expanded apon at a later point. Would be nice to see the alchemist carry a couple potions. Seeing as both shops are pre-existing might as well complete them. Just a thought.

Ibec Alshaerd of Zoluren

PS. The Darkstone Inn is missing two things... Darkstone whiskey ...flails... It also lacks a means to stable horses (could also be a place to buy plate armor for horses.

Re: Critters in Zoluren, GM? 01/19/2004 01:53 PM CST
I always think of Dirge of being like a ghetto. It should at least have a pawnshop.
Re: Critters in Zoluren, GM? 01/27/2004 02:31 PM CST
Ny biggest beef with Zoluren is that once you cap out gargs you bascily are out of luck if you don't have ther perception to get into viper areas. On the bright side its totaly forced me to relize that the wide world out there is much better then just living in Crossing cause its where I have always been
Re: Critters in Zoluren, GM? 03/28/2004 09:31 PM CST
there is a furrier at the north roads caravansary
Re: Critters in Zoluren, GM? 03/28/2004 10:18 PM CST
And another in Wolf Clan, in the same building where one can get leathers repaired near Crossing.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy