The Knife clan. 12/26/2002 01:21 PM CST
DATE: 26/12/02
TIME: 18:51 GMT
RE: Settlers

As of this day, the Knife Clan will be occupied by a Surmi Albiraen squad. I leave this note to inform members of the public that we mean no harm to anyone in the vicinity. Leaders are working as closely as possible with the local law enforcers and government to ensure that our stay will not hinder the lives of any visitors or dwellers. If, however, you are approached by any of our members, please don't feel threatened.

Further information regarding our stay will be released as necessary.

Signed,

Capro Olthas.
(Surmi Albiraen, General)
Re: The Knife clan. 12/26/2002 01:33 PM CST
To: Surmi Albiraen
Re: Settlers

General Olthas,

You speak too highly of yourself. While you may be staying, visiting, or even residing in Knife Clan, I can assure you that your squad shall not occupy it.
Provided you and your own keep yourselves out of trouble, I am sure that your stay in Knife Clan shall be a pleasant one. The lives of my Clansmen are harsh ones, and Trog is not trusting of outsiders.

~Tyrnas Eziliel, Toggish Council Recruiter, and proud Clansman of Knife Clan
Re: The Knife clan. 12/26/2002 02:45 PM CST
TIME: 21:32 GMT

I think we may have got off on the wrong foot.

After our recent ordeals the last thing we want is trouble, all we are looking for is a nice place to stay while the scouts find us a new home.

We have already met your friend Trog, he seems to be a nice guy, a bit quiet though. Shouldn't be too long before he starts to get along with us.

Signed,

Capro Olthas.

P.S > Is there any chance of us maybe sharing some of that boar you're roasting as I write?
Re: The Knife clan. 12/26/2002 03:25 PM CST
Settlers,

Have you truly met Trog? The last thing I would call of him is quiet.

Mind you though I meant no ill towards your stay in the clan, I had to object to your use of 'occupy'. What race are your people, and where do you hail from?

~Tyrnas

p.s. We Togs are very fond of our food... but have you any good drink, those with the boar may be coerced into sharing.
Re: The Knife clan. 12/26/2002 04:00 PM CST
TIME: 21:32 GMT

Maybe we don't know Trog as well as we first thought. He's kinda hard to get along with though, always hiding.

I'm sorry about my choice of words, It has been a along time since I've written anything that was intended for anyone else.

As for my people.
Most of us were born and raised in a small village not too far west of the Crossing. For a long time we lived happily and free until a group of Ogres came along and kicked us off our land, killing many of our tribe. The only known survivors were the ones that escaped the night before the invasion. Over the next week or so we spent the days hiding, waiting for the night to arrive so we could continue our search for a friendly environment. Many of our people were lost in the darkness, maybe found by ogres, maybe not. Our search for peace brought us upon you're village. The name Surmi Albiraen is the gamgweth term for "Night Seekers" which is what we started to call ourselves. The use of military terms such as General, Captain and Squad was introduced partly to help keep order but mainly to give the people a feel of hope and togetherness.

Our plans for the near future include finding new homes and searching for those we lost on our travels.

Thank you, On behalf of the Surmi squad.

Signed,

Capro Olthas.

P.S > Let's just say we had a lot of spare time in our old village. Alcohol making was one of those group activites :)
Re: The Knife clan. 12/27/2002 03:06 PM CST
Capro Olthas, I should like to speak with you at some point. While I have just recently resigned my allegiance to Knife Clan and am leaning towards Tiger Clan quite strongly, you must trust me that even if you don't see me, I'll be around. It somewhat bothers me to see settlers in Knife Clan just because I would not think that would be the spot most would choose to live in. I mean no ill will, but I will be observing and perhaps we could both benefit from a chat.

~Viceroy Viptorian Arcinian of the Toggish Council