Climbing/Swimming 01/22/2009 10:22 PM CST
Would anyone mind enlightening me as to how skilled you need to be in climbing and swimming to navigate the trail from Riverhaven to Rossman's? I would like to get up there to check out the place, but I don't wanna get stuck anywhere either.... Not-so-skilled, moderately skilled, pretty darn good? Thanks a bunch.
Re: Climbing/Swimming 01/22/2009 11:16 PM CST
if you get ahold of the travel script on Kraelysts site, there's skillchecks for swimming, perception and swimming at various levels of burden within the script.

it doesn't have a strength check though, so for some characters i've found myself floundering in the faldesu at levels it suggests i should be able to swim it though, so the best way is to have a MM with gate along with you to test it out, that way they can moongate back if you run into difficulties.
Re: Climbing/Swimming 01/23/2009 04:37 AM CST
In general, with 20 strength and 20 stamina, no armor, and no burden, it takes a minimum of 150 ranks in swimming to be able to swim the Jantspyre from Riverhaven to Rossman's. It's much much easier to go from Rossman's to Riverhaven as you're traveling in the same direction as the river flows.

More strength/stamina, or some form of buffs from barbarian bear dance, paladin heroic strength, etc. will make the swim easier as well.

I'm not sure about the climbing and perception ranks required, though I don't believe those requirements are all that significant. The hardest part is the swim.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein
Re: Climbing/Swimming 01/23/2009 05:30 AM CST
I figured the swimming would be toughest. I think I have a bit more to go. Thanks for the input!
Re: Climbing/Swimming 01/23/2009 06:25 AM CST
I was able to first do it with 138 swim and 35 strength. I'd fail a lot though. now I have 156 swimming and i get through almost everytime on the first time. long RTs though like 13 seconds for the three swims.

the travel script says you need 140 swim, 100 climb, 140 perception