Mistwood Forest 01/11/2007 10:36 PM CST
[Mistwood Forest]
Clusters of river birch grow in pale grey stands along the edge of the clearing. Beyond, the forest looms, tall and dark. Mossy green vines dangle from overhanging limbs, modestly concealing the tree's trunk from view and masking the approach of anything that might be moving within the woods. It's impossible to see which way to go to find the path in the forest. You also see a rocky ledge.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest.
>
You head northeast, but quickly become lost in the twists and turns of the path, only to find yourself back where you started from!
Roundtime: 18 seconds

Any chance a Scouting skillcheck could be implemented here? Thanks.

~Thilan
Re: Mistwood Forest 01/11/2007 10:45 PM CST
I would second that. Not that it's hard to get around it, but a Ranger should be able to walk straight through in any direction with enough scouting. We should also be able to lead a group through without the accompanying roundtime.

This is, of course, assuming it isn't a major change to add in these checks. Given the difficulty of climbing up, peering, climbing down and moving I wouldn't think the scouting check would be much higher than say 300 ranks, either. But whatever, make it huge to give scouting past 400 ranks some purpose.

-Teeklin

"Gown Removed Carelessly. Head, less so." - Joss Whedon
Re: Mistwood Forest 01/19/2007 12:53 PM CST
Where exactly in the forest do you get these roundtimes? I'm a young ranger myself and got mauled by a warcat the one time I scouted a trail (by mistake) into the forest. As far as I could tell i wasn't getting that at all. Now I'm looking into a route from Langen to Riverhaven without a boat ride and this seems the best (and only) route. Is the RT something that doesn't happen all the time?

I'm concerned as an 18 Second RT means certain death for me.
Re: Mistwood Forest 01/19/2007 01:03 PM CST
If you're referring to the place I think you are, there is something you have to climb so you can look over the forest and find the right way.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Mistwood Forest 01/19/2007 03:56 PM CST
>>>Now I'm looking into a route from Langen to Riverhaven

I`ve never had any RT travelling from Lang to Riverhaven, and only had it from Haven to Lang when i`ve taken the wrong route by mistake after peering at the path in the unyn area. No RT`s up in the orc, warcat area, although it`s easy to get lost.

Rezzian
Re: Mistwood Forest 01/19/2007 04:19 PM CST
I'm pretty sure they're talking about the RT after you get of the rope bridge coming from Theren to Rossmans.

Gladiator Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Mistwood Forest 01/19/2007 04:27 PM CST

Ah, my mistake, thought it was a ranga taking trails and avoiding the rope bridge.

Rezzian
Re: Mistwood Forest 01/19/2007 08:36 PM CST
You also see a rocky ledge.
Obvious paths: north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west, northwest.
>
You head northeast, but quickly become lost in the twists and turns of the path, only to find yourself back where you started from!
Roundtime: 18 seconds

This is the room in the unyns area by the cliffs. If you go in the wrong direction without climbing up and peering for the correct path, you get the RT. They are not talking about the rope bridge, warcats, or orcs.

Trebber

It is intended to be a game, and while it never made sense for me to be able to bounce across the rainbow road or whatever it was called when I played Candyland, it never stopped me from doing it and enjoying the game.
Re: Mistwood Forest 01/19/2007 09:27 PM CST
>>If you're referring to the place I think you are, there is something you have to climb so you can look over the forest and find the right way.

Yup, that's what I was referring to. Seems if someone would be able to follow an animal trail it would be a Ranger.

~Thilan