Prev_page Previous 1
Keep Kudos 08/18/2006 11:22 PM CDT
Just wanted to say 'wowzah' in regards to the keep. It has TONS of interesting shops, especially the seamstress. The stuff you can make in there is very nice.

So great job to everyone who was involved in making it possible. I know a lot of people are happy with the weapons, bolts, clothes, and public forge found in this new addition.

Gryck
Re: Keep Kudos 08/18/2006 11:29 PM CDT
Rossgallon Keep is .. utterly amazing. I'm so impressed and now I'm envious of those already living there.

Drex
---
Gyfford says, "Maulem your wife is giving me a headache."
Maulem says, "Well, at least I'm not th' only one she does that to then."
[Lystid] "do you know the two most important words a married man knows?"
[Maulem] "Itwasn'tme, IsweartoKuniyo?"
Re: Keep Kudos 08/18/2006 11:53 PM CDT
Uhh, where exactly is this "Rossgallon Keep"? Near the church?

The only thing to fear is fear itself--nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 12:16 AM CDT
Agreed and agreed.

I have witnessed the power of this fully armed and operational battle station.

Nifty new shops, love the new tailor.

Love the disdaiful sneer it extends to the lesser races, too.
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 04:40 AM CDT
Was a wonderful time with Lord Nicoly and family there. The food, drinks and company were superb. The manor and surroundings astounding and the folks well behaved and all interesting to interact with.

Thanks to all who worked on it, and those who attended.

Outcast Envoy Sharuul Cottman
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 08:26 AM CDT
An excellent time to unveil this sweet new area. I think I've found most of the things mentioned except for the dartboard line and maybe one or two of the noises. The kennel and stable stock are particularly exceptional. And arrow loops along the entire battlement, though I couldn't really see over them as it was raining hard when I was there.

Now to wheedle my way into Lord Rossman's will!

Gladiator Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 09:53 AM CDT
Love Kertigen's Chapel in the Keep! If possible can the chapel altars be pilgrim badge worthy?

Crory
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 10:06 AM CDT
The place looks fantastic.. love the shops and interacting with Nicolaenya, Nicoly, and Shantelle. I was disappointed that the homes are human only. I understand its some kind of storyline.. just disappointed. All in all I am happy how the town is expanding now.

Drevid
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 10:44 AM CDT
Pretty cool stuff. :)

- Simon

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Frontpage.html
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 10:47 AM CDT
>- Weapons!
>I know a lot of people are happy with the weapons, bolts,

Sounds like I need to make a trip to update the CEC.

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
>We are Rangers, all your releases are belong to us. ~ Sylvado
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 01:34 PM CDT
re: chapel altars being badgeworthy, you'd have to ask in the cleric folder for that - I've nothing to do with the badges.

re: dartboard, I'm not sure anyone's found it. Or if they have, they're not likely to be all that... open... about it.

-SGD Danalae T'Aliesan
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 05:18 PM CDT
Danalae,

If time premits would you mind running at least a limited version of the events introducing the new Keep to plat. I don't think anyone in plat has ever meet Lord Rossman and it would be nice to have an oppurtunity meet him and his family.

Events make the land live and breath over the normalcy of everyday hunting,foraging ect. It is the RP aspect that brings out people to live the game.

GM Shakahn on events in prime
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 06:33 PM CDT
sooo, great keep, i bought a lot of ickie stuff from the magic shop and am trying to mix them together into potions but haven't had any luck. any insight from anyone or hints on how to make something?
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 07:23 PM CDT
Love the new area, and love having more weapons to add to the lists. Wanted to confirm something, you sure you want the balance longsword to have worse balance than regular longswords?

A balanced steel longsword with a gilded ribbon hilt is a heavy edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
low puncture damage
moderate slice damage
fair impact damage

You are certain that the longsword is poorly balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the steel longsword is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.

The steel longsword is made with metal.
You believe that the cavalry longsword weighs around 33 stones.
You are certain that the steel longsword is worth exactly 12600 lirums.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
>We are Rangers, all your releases are belong to us. ~ Sylvado
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 07:59 PM CDT
Any pointers on where the "magic" shop is? I can't seem to find it....

Check out www.drplat.com - the DragonRealms Platinum community webpage!
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 08:14 PM CDT
<< Any pointers on where the "magic" shop is? I can't seem to find it....>>

It's not in the keep. It's a few rooms south of the gate. Eastgate road. And has anyone figured out how to actually make anything?
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 08:17 PM CDT
The shop is just south of the tanner in Rossman's. A few of us have been standing in here for hours trying to create something out of the components, but to no avail. The only thing we've been able to figure out is that honeycomb seems to be the only catalyst out of all the components, and it's the only thing that's countable (4 parts). We've been trying to put different components in a bag and shake it, but the catalyst never bonds with anything.
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 08:58 PM CDT
This is certainly amusing me to no end. Any chance of catching me on AIM so we can discuss what has already been attempted? I am kind of out of the loop being over in plat and all :/ Thanks! AIM is Juason1 Awesome awesome release in and of itself it might seem.

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 09:21 PM CDT
Excellent release. The forge, herb shop, and new ladders are my favorites. Mainly the ladders. Okay and the figs at the party. Mmm...

Thank you for your hard work in putting this together for the community.
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 09:30 PM CDT
The honeycomb seems to be broken? I combine 4 parts with 4 parts and still have only 4 parts. That seems broken. I was thinking perhaps we needed an 8:1 or higher ratio for the components inside the bag. Would that make sense? If we are unable to get higher than 4 parts - bingo to why it isn't working :P How odd that honeycomb is the only catalyst too :ponders:

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 09:48 PM CDT
>>How odd that honeycomb is the only catalyst too :ponders:

Someone pointed out earlier that they felt the honeycomb was buggy in that the system thought it was like honeycomb you can forage for. The honeycomb you can forge for 'can' be used as a catalyst and combinded. This is why only that item in the entire store was acting like a catalyst

The shop itself and the items you put inside your charm bags appear to just be RP tools and fluffy.
Re: Keep Kudos 08/19/2006 11:11 PM CDT
It'd be nice to get some official word on if it is just fluffy, because the way the shop is set up definitely makes it seem like you can make things. There is even shop messaging that gives the recipe for a love potion, which doesn't work (scarlet feather, hair, and honeycomb). Since that recipe includes honeycomb, which is the only catalyst, it seemed likely it would create something.
Re: Keep Kudos 08/20/2006 09:00 AM CDT
Well, the shop does what it is supposed to (i.e., it amuses me no end). But if he was legitimate, would he be living in a hovel downwind of the livery stables?

-SGD Danalae T'Aliesan
Re: Keep Kudos 08/20/2006 11:12 AM CDT
<<Well, the shop does what it is supposed to (i.e., it amuses me no end). But if he was legitimate, would he be living in a hovel downwind of the livery stables?

You're just trying to throw us off the trail!

-Golgol
Re: Keep Kudos 08/20/2006 01:40 PM CDT
It would be the height of hilarity if a disease cureall was put in there, and it used lavender. Wonder how many would bother with it, given that almost everyone who can get to the Landing would know about the lavender stunt?

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Keep Kudos 08/20/2006 02:38 PM CDT
Don't forget the red and blue flowers. I never could remember which one was supposed to regen fatigue and which one was supposed to regen health. One of these days I shall have to write my Fule Pruf Recipes for Charms, Poshuns and Kursis and put it in Cayne's shop.

-SGD Danalae T'Aliesan
Re: Keep Kudos 08/20/2006 02:46 PM CDT

SGD Danalae T'Aliesan

SGD ? Secretary general of diversionary tactics

A statistician is a person who draws a mathematically precise line from an unwarranted assumption to a foregone conclusion.
Re: Keep Kudos 08/20/2006 04:05 PM CDT
>>Don't forget the red and blue flowers. I never could remember which one was supposed to regen fatigue and which one was supposed to regen health.

Blue were mana, of course! Obviously the conventions from Diablo carried over into Elanthia. Oh, and the taste message for lavender PROVES that it heals vitality! Heh.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

P.S.: http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=17&topic=9&message=82

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
Re: Keep Kudos 08/20/2006 08:44 PM CDT
Well, when my kid asked, I told her it's Sadistic Genius, Dummy. After my ears stopped ringing from her smacking me upside the head (when did she get taller than me, anyway? So unfair!), I admitted it stands for Senior Game Designer, my official title.

-SGD Danalae T'Aliesan
Re: Keep Kudos 08/21/2006 04:33 PM CDT
She really is an evil genius and I wanna grow up just like her someday!

GM Alvy
Re: Keep Kudos 08/22/2006 01:26 PM CDT
very nice keep, i havent found everything yet,,,, ok, how about the majik shop, anybody know how to make a voodoo dool from the stuff on the worktable?

Blessed be

Volentri, Elven Cleric of Murrula
-If you aint laughing, you aint living-
Carlos Mencia
Re: Keep Kudos 08/26/2006 06:59 PM CDT
I keep telling Alvy, there's something so wrong about the words "grow up" and "be like Danalae" in the same sentence.

-SGD Danalae T'Aliesan
Re: Keep Kudos 08/27/2006 09:27 PM CDT
>>I keep telling Alvy, there's something so wrong about the words "grow up" and "be like Danalae" in the same sentence.

What if it's something along the lines of, "Grow up! Don't be like Danalae!"?

- Stormsinger Shavay

Re: Keep Kudos 08/28/2006 01:48 AM CDT
Oooh, and Shavay found a way to make it all work! I can tell you're a bard. -grins-

-SGD Danalae T'Aliesan
Re: Keep Kudos 08/28/2006 08:05 AM CDT
But that wasn't the same sentence. Heh.

Gladiator Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Keep Kudos 08/28/2006 10:18 AM CDT
How about "When you grow up, don't be like Danalae!" then?

Nikpack
player of Celeiros and Makona
Re: Keep Kudos 08/28/2006 03:31 PM CDT
>>But that wasn't the same sentence. Heh.

Fine, fine, replace the first ! with a ,.

- Stormsinger Shavay

Re: Keep Kudos 09/01/2006 06:24 PM CDT
or a semi colon. don't u nderestimate the poer of a semi colon.

"Grow up; don't be like Danalae!"
Re: Keep Kudos 09/03/2006 03:11 AM CDT
Or sobriety :-P

-Durnil
Re: Keep Kudos 09/10/2006 05:42 AM CDT
The Shift Moonbeam spell doesn't work on the drawbridge that connects to the new area of Rossman's. Minor inconvenience, but I thought I'd bring it up.
Prev_page Previous 1