Rossman's shortcut 02/01/2013 11:04 PM CST
Does anyone know how much Athletics you need to take the shortcut to Rossman's from Riverhaven now? I'm thinking of moving my Paladin to Rossman's and my Barbarian used to do it with 100 climbing and wanted to make sure I had enough Athletics for the shortcut before I left Aesry and Ratha(I know you can learn Athletics literally anywhere, but Aesry is like cheating at low ranks). I'm not sure if the Athletics required for various shortcuts was a straight 1:1 conversion with Climbing/Swimming.
Re: Rossman's shortcut 02/02/2013 06:33 PM CST
>>I'm not sure if the Athletics required for various shortcuts was a straight 1:1 conversion with Climbing/Swimming.

Haven't heard anything to indicate that it wasn't

As for the skill needed the climb is ~100, but the swim up the Jantspyre takes anywhere from 150-175 depending on your stats/hindrance.
Re: Rossman's shortcut 02/07/2013 06:12 PM CST
I can barely do the swim (against the current) at 155 ranks, it takes forever and no burden etc.
Re: Rossman's shortcut 02/08/2013 05:19 AM CST
>>I can barely do the swim (against the current) at 155 ranks, it takes forever and no burden etc.

Strength, and hindrance play a big part in this too. Take off your armor as long as it doesn't severely burden you, and put up any strength boosts you have, and you should see some improvement.