Trackless Swamp 12/22/2010 01:06 PM CST
Does this area drain attunement? Every time I hunt the swamp trolls there, I get to 0% mana, and it pulses up to 2% and immediately back to 0%. I'm just curious if this is an intentional part of the area, or a bug.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Trackless Swamp 12/22/2010 01:11 PM CST
Yes and no. If you spend too much time in one room, you'll attract an 'ethereal parasite' which is essentially like getting hit with mana disruption.

...it also has no water in it despite the room descriptions.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Trackless Swamp 12/22/2010 01:31 PM CST
This explains why nobody else was there. I think the game would benefit from less things like this. While they're neat lore, they make it so nobody wants to hunt there. Thus that huge area goes almost unused.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Trackless Swamp 12/22/2010 01:33 PM CST
If you keep moving it seems you can avoid it.

Hunt! No water to stop you. Despite the room description.

...seriously why is there water in the room description.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Trackless Swamp 12/22/2010 01:49 PM CST
As long as you change rooms for a little bit about every 15 minutes or so, the parasite is a non-issue.

>>...seriously why is there water in the room description.

Probably because it's a swamp. It's been forever since I hunted in there as a war mage, but I remember a long time ago (would have been the late 90's), Very Bad Things happening if one cast lightning bolt in there without an ethereal shield up.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: Trackless Swamp 12/22/2010 02:17 PM CST
I tend to hunt in there still and if you move around fairly consistently you can hunt for hours with no mana drain...I tend to move every time I get a break in critters in the room.
Re: Trackless Swamp 12/22/2010 04:40 PM CST
it is less hunted these days due to more creatures of similar training available around 'Haven.

Rehlyn

You gesture at a gargantuan korograth.
A sheet of slippery rich amber ale-hued ice forms beneath a gargantuan korograth!
The gargantuan korograth refuses to fall.