Please fix the old triage spots... 11/16/2010 11:17 PM CST
If you can't give us a herb basket.. can you at least fix the mana in the old Triage spots.

[Temple, Shrine]
Twin lines of towering ash form living columns supporting a vast green canopy over your head, which rustles faintly as the wind moves through it. The ground beneath your feet is covered in a soft carpet of grass and clover spotted with sweet yellow flowers. The living arch leads to a raised dais upon which sit two lifelike figures carved from gleaming pink marble, set before a thick curtain of old vines. You also see a flat rock that lies at the feet of the leftmost statue.
Obvious exits: out.
>go cur
[Temple, Dark Shrine]
A faint whiff of corruption rises from piles of old rotting leaves covering the ground you stand on. The spreading foliage overhead casts deep shadows over the area, and you glance warily into the darkened recesses trying to find some source for the unease you feel. Towering thorn hedges all about you seem to creep closer as you watch. You also see a worm-eaten wooden statue standing astride a dark opening into the ground.
Obvious exits: out.

Raise the holy and life mana in these places? Not sure exactly what it is, I just know it isn't so good any more. This would have avoided a lot of deaths... please?

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Please fix the old triage spots... 11/17/2010 07:00 AM CST
The new triage spot is one east after entering the temple. It's much better than the old one because it is actually lit, to being with.

In general, most triage and gathering spots have moved since Lyras' little manastorm. The new spots are often better than the old. Just ask around to find out where the are.
Re: Please fix the old triage spots... 11/17/2010 10:47 PM CST
So what's better, the old triage spots or the new?

GM Alvy
Re: Please fix the old triage spots... 11/18/2010 12:03 AM CST
Well I'll chime in here.. I like the "new" spot better.. however, it is completely useless when the temple is being overrun, unless you have a paladin that can banner every 20-30 minutes in spite of huge crowds of people or a high-level cleric (read: me) that can stop by and put up a Meraud commune that'll last the duration of whatever invasion is going on and then some.

I'm sure the request was raised because the latter was the situation last night during the pirate invasion... I had to run through a pirate infested temple with lit incense in order to make the now-normal (read: only reliable) triage spot safe. Thus, it'd be great if mana was raised in the old spot if only to be useful when the temple does happen to be overrun. Old spot is the rooms Worrclan showed in his above post -- from temple gate, northwest, down the trail, through the curtain, through the opening. All three rooms (or some combination that makes one good cleric room and one good empath room) could use a pretty decent life and holy boost.

Thanks.

Segmere
Shadow Priest, Baron's Own Militia

"The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep." ~WC Fields
Re: Please fix the old triage spots... 11/18/2010 12:58 AM CST
>>The new triage spot is one east after entering the temple. It's much better than the old one because it is actually lit, to being with.

>>In general, most triage and gathering spots have moved since Lyras' little manastorm. The new spots are often better than the old. Just ask around to find out where the are.

My friend trust me I know. Actually I just tested this out, all the rooms past the trail are no longer 'dark', unless that changes during day time. The old dark room, where one trains discipline does have a candle lit at night at least, I'll check in the day as well to see, less some one beats me to it.

Segmere summed it up, if they breach the temple to the east of the gate is not safe, so it is not a reliable spot. Less Alvy wants to make it perma-safe? Figured I was better off asking for the mana to be raised than that though. It would make sense for east of the gate to be safe though, seeing as it is where you come back to life, if you depart.

Re: Please fix the old triage spots... 11/18/2010 01:15 AM CST
>Well I'll chime in here.. I like the "new" spot better.. however, it is completely useless when the temple is being overrun,

Man was that dumb. I should not have participated.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Please fix the old triage spots... 11/20/2010 11:26 AM CST
My vote? The original triage location just inside the trail. It was also a perfect location to put the herb basket. And it's lit. And it's a safe spot.

===
Oleveir says, "One must be careful around the angry ODS women."
Re: Please fix the old triage spots... 11/20/2010 09:52 PM CST
After much evaluation, I swapped the mana in one of the old triage spots with a room people weren't using. This should make the old triage spot workable again.

I'll let you guys figure out which room!

GM Alvy
Re: Please fix the old triage spots... 11/23/2010 07:27 PM CST
Thanks Alvy!

I am told...

Northwest, down the trail shiny for clerics, through the curtain shiny for clerics, in the dark opening... no so good.

Northwest, down the trail pale for empaths, through the curtain pale for empaths, in the dark opening it is glowing.

Re: Please fix the old triage spots... 11/26/2010 04:22 AM CST
The 3rd room is great for the empaths if the clerics will have a place there or nearby. We can see who's speaking there now which was what we were asking for before so thank you for that.

Clerics can be in the 2nd room which is how we had it once before and it worked out well.

Thank you Alvy.

No, I'm not planning yet another ODS event to move to that spot again tho, worn out.

===
Oleveir says, "One must be careful around the angry ODS women."