Under-swamp 11/03/2010 06:17 PM CDT
I know its been asked before but, there are a ton more people in there now. Could someone please look at the spawn, for shadow beasts, cinderbeasts, basilisks? It is very possible for someone to hog the spawn just by being there. It seems like the spawn 2 per hunter(or whatever the number is) is working right, it is just they all go to one place.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Under-swamp 11/04/2010 01:28 AM CDT
I just slightly tweaked one of the spawn options; see if it helps?

GM Grejuva
Re: Under-swamp 11/04/2010 02:19 AM CDT
the problem with increasing the spawn under there is that it helps those who can actually hunt down there, but its positively fatal for the skill ranks of those who quest there, or just go exploring. :-)

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Under-swamp 11/04/2010 02:33 AM CDT
The spawn rate wasn't increased at all.

GM Grejuva
Re: Under-swamp 11/04/2010 04:08 AM CDT
>>the problem with increasing the spawn under there is that it helps those who can actually hunt down there, but its positively fatal for the skill ranks of those who quest there, or just go exploring. :-)

I have never died to a basilisk or shadow beast. I did once get creamed by a hierophant, though. I've quested down there with six characters at this point.

If you're exploring, you're risking death anyway.

Besides, basilisks and shadow beasts teach really well. It's always been spawn issues that kept them from being a particularly good hunting area. Well, that and the general annoyance of Zaulfung.
Re: Under-swamp 11/04/2010 05:39 PM CDT
Thanks in advance Grejuva, looking into it.

Re: Under-swamp 11/09/2010 02:02 PM CST
Soo after testing a few days, I *think it might have helped* a tiny bit in basilisks, but still could go up more(Though with more than 2 people in there seemed the same). Shadowbeasts remain the same, and cinderbeasties look the same or a bit slower oddly. Most of the folks I asked down there said it looked the same, but except for a few I'm not sure how much observing they did.

Re: Under-swamp 01/05/2011 04:07 PM CST
Grejuva, could you tweek it again, it is definitely not working?

Re: Under-swamp 01/06/2011 09:05 AM CST
The spawn in Cinder beasts is great, if only one person hunting. I can see 5 around me all the time, including the four I can get to melee on at once. Get that multi out of the way fast, cause with just one other person hunting in same area, the spawn rate does slow (especially, if that other person wants to get multi locked). I don't recall the last time I saw more than 2 hunters in that area at one time.
Re: Under-swamp 01/06/2011 12:17 PM CST
>>The spawn in Cinder beasts is great, if only one person hunting. I can see 5 around me all the time, including the four I can get to melee on at once. Get that multi out of the way fast, cause with just one other person hunting in same area, the spawn rate does slow (especially, if that other person wants to get multi locked). I don't recall the last time I saw more than 2 hunters in that area at one time.

Yes this is what I'm referring to, if just one other hunter is in cinder/shadow beasts/basilisks, the spawn essentially stops, or actually does for your room. However, whoever keeps the spawn in their room, it does happen to be pretty decent.

Re: Under-swamp 01/06/2011 01:41 PM CST
Why not increase spawn rates in general, (maybe set a timer on, if say one/more than one person stays in one room for more than a minute) especially in such many-room hunting areas where only a few characters (at most) seem to use? Bummer for the occasional 'quester'. I have no idea whats behind the coding on such an idea. Personally, I would enjoy a single/multi file line of critters constantly entering the room and (if less than 4 on me already), advance on me to melee. I could be in an out of the hunting area in a much shorter time frame, to go ahead and do something else.
Re: Under-swamp 01/06/2011 02:17 PM CST
>Why not increase spawn rates in general

I'm willing to bet there will be a review of creature spawn after Everything 3.0, and they're probably not going to mess with it much before that. However, at that point you're not going to want lots of creatures on you at a time (according to the goals of the changes). How they're going to balance spawn load across multiple hunters will be interesting, however.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer