Peddler instruments 03/22/2012 10:08 PM CDT
Bought a Txistu today. They're still coming out too filthy to play. Spent an hour trying to clean it out (I wanted to see if it would work anything, or get there eventually). Finally had to break down and ask someone.

I thought it had been fixed at some point, or am I just making that up?

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Peddler instruments 03/23/2012 03:36 AM CDT
>>I thought it had been fixed at some point, or am I just making that up?

Not that I know of. Same thing happened to me a while ago... I believe I mentioned it and heard nothing of it.

Thankfully they don't really build up grime after that.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Peddler instruments 03/23/2012 12:04 PM CDT
That peddler is the worst.

---
Inauri
Re: Peddler instruments 03/26/2012 12:47 PM CDT
>> Bought a Txistu today. They're still coming out too filthy to play. Spent an hour trying to clean it out (I wanted to see if it would work anything, or get there eventually). Finally had to break down and ask someone.

Does cleaning it not work? I'm playing mine and it works fine right now. But I bought it awhile ago. Maybe you need someone with instrument skill to clean it?
Re: Peddler instruments 03/26/2012 12:54 PM CDT
>Does cleaning it not work? I'm playing mine and it works fine right now. But I bought it awhile ago. Maybe you need someone with instrument skill to clean it?

Wind instruments are notoriously hard to clean when they are that dirty. And I believe the peddler gives them to you in the dirtiest state possible.

Also, the messaging is gross.

_______
Want to be a Necromancer? Use this flowchart. Totally Xerasyth approved.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Ysselt/Necroflowchart
Re: Peddler instruments 03/26/2012 01:20 PM CDT
Yes, cleaning will work, but it is physically impossible to do with a chat who would be buying the txistu in the first place. They come at the dirtiest state and simply can't be cleaned by a new player. You have to find a person with moderate mech to clean it before you can play it.

Which is just beyond irritating for the 'easiest to play' instrument in its class.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.